Giving Of Thanks: Days 6 - 11

I did not anticipate missing these many days in this series! Alas, such is life. Between children getting colds, then sharing it with me, to just regular life stuff... Well, you get the idea.

DAY 6

I am so grateful for my Bible. It is sobering to remember the cost that was made, so that I could have one: of my own; multiple copies and devices; in my language. We really take it for granted.

I am grateful to have watched most of the series made by Chris Pinto, regarding this very topic: "A Lamp In The Dark," "Tares Among The Wheat," and "Bridge To Babylon." I look forward to watching the last one.  Each docu-drama is around 3+ hours long: well worth every second! When you get the opportunity, PLEASE avail yourself of these videos. I guarantee you will not look at your Bible, and those who suffered and died so that you could have one, the same.

DAY 7

Going along with the previous day's theme, I am thankful for my personal Bible time. Some days are more poignant than others, to be sure. However, I am always learning something that I needed. I especially love it when I catch a new-to-me-glimpse into my Saviour's heart. Those times are the best.

DAY 8

I am thankful that my husband is able to work so close to home. There have been times where I needed him home, asap; and, he was able to be here so quickly. Also, being able to have him home on his lunch breaks is such a treat for us all! It really is a comfort having him so close.

DAY 9

I am thankful for the times we are able to enjoy pretty days at the park. There is one that is not too far away from us, and is so pleasant to visit. In fact, the last time we were there, we were visited by a pelican! What a neat experience, especially for our son.

DAY 10

I am so grateful for our family Bible time. Any time we get to do it, is such a blessing to my soul. Worshipping, praying to, and learning about God together, is indescribable. It is just beautiful.

DAY 11

I am thankful for the days wherein I get much accomplished. Running a household, whilst pregnant, is not always easy. Thankfully, I have an amazingly compassionate, helpful husband: coming to my aide whenever needed; filling in without question or growling... Goodness, I am so blessed. 

Comments

Popular Posts