Giving Of Thanks: Days 20 - 22

DAY 20

I am thankful to have had the experiences of living in other parts of this nation. For most of my life, though I would daydream of what it might be like to live in other areas (some of which later became a reality!), I never truly thought it would come to fruition. I was a simple midwest girl: content to stay in the same area all my life.

... Then, I met my Norwegian prince! ;-) He soon whisked me off to his far away home state in the Pacific Northwest: miles and miles away from all I had ever known. Though it took some time to adjust, I grew to love that area.

Now, we dwell in the Deep South. Quite the change for the both of us! Though we are still adjusting, we both are appreciating many things around here.

DAY 21

I am thankful to be able to stay at home with my family. It was my desire, from my earliest memories, to be a wife and mother some day. Though, throughout my adolescent years, I had other aspirations, they paled in comparison to this deep-seeded desire. I am so grateful to be living it!

DAY 22
I am thankful to have had the opportunity to go back to my homestate this year. Being able to see people and places that I had not seen in nearly thirteen years, was quite something--surreal. It was also a treat to visit the Jenny Wiley State Park on our way home, for a brief moment: named in honor of my great-great-great-great-great grandmother!

Comments

Popular Posts