Giving of Thanks: Days 1-4

     As time progresses, I appreciate more and more the national holiday of Thanksgiving. It can give me an opportunity to truly foster a grateful heart. I am a bit tardy, but wanted to once again take time to reflect upon the blessings given to me by God.

DAY 1

I am grateful for my relationship with God! That my Lord Jesus Christ paid the cost to ransom me; gladly rescued me when I called out unto Him; and, has never abandoned, neglected, or disowned me (in spite of how I have treated Him)... How can I NOT love Him, and strive to glorify Him? Everything I experience, and as I receive blessing upon blessing-- I am left humbled that God would save, love, and use me. How He treats me makes me love Him even more. 

DAY 2

I am thankful for my husband. Besides God, he knows me best...And, knowing me as he does, has also never left nor forsaken me. In fact, his love for me is one of the great wonders in my life. Over and over again, my husband pours himself into our marriage: always pointing me to our Saviour; praying for me/us; desiring to see our family glorify God... He truly is one of the greatest gifts I have ever been given. 

DAY 3

I am grateful for our li'l blessings! Where once we despaired of ever knowing the joys of being parents, now we are overwhelmed with awe that we have three babies! I find it difficult to convey just what these gifts mean to me: for so long my identity was that of a barren woman, that no longer being that woman truly is a miracle my mind simply cannot comprehend! So, I GLADLY rejoice that God would open my womb, and allow me the PRIVILEGE to display His power and grace!

DAY 4

I am learning to be thankful not only in the difficult, trying times, but also FOR them. It is during these times that I am shown God's power in ways that I would have not noticed, had things been easy. It is when I am living in the wilderness that my reliance upon Christ is indescribably necessary: there is no "American can-do," but rather a "Lord, I NEED You!" mentality. There is an intimacy I have with my Heavenly Father that is a most precious gift. It is during these times, too, that He reveals to me where my rough spots, flaws, sins, and the like, are: but, though He shows me all sorts of the ugly in me, He also shows me that He is more than capable and willing in refining me! So, though these times are HARD, they are FRUITFUL. 


Comments

Popular Posts