Giving Of Thanks: DAY 9

     Unexpected encouragement.  It comes, always at the right time. Always a balm to a hurting heart.

     The other day, as I had a brief texting conversation with a sister in Christ, she said:  "Love ya, sis." That's commonplace amongst the brethren, and other loved ones, right?  Well, not always.

     I've seen, too often, affection withheld, for various reasons.  I've been guilty of withholding it, too.  Yet, when this simple phrase was sent to me... It greatly comforted me.

     "I really miss seeing you guys," another sibling in Christ says.  Oh, how it ministers to my heart!  "We miss you, too!" I affirm.

     Phone calls to catch up. Visits.  Surprise mail packages. Simple, sincere messages, sent from time to time.  Handwritten letters in the mail.  Seeing a need, and meeting it, without saying a word.  Wanting to bless, without saying a word, or expecting anything in return.

     A sermon just for us, without the preacher even being aware of us, or our situation.  A hymn, or spiritual song, that gets right to the heart.  And, most of all, that verse/passage of scripture, that completely makes unravels you.

     However He does it, it never fails:  I'm always undone.  Humbled.  Grateful.

Comments

Popular Posts