Giving Of Thanks: DAY 1

     Here it is, the beginning of November, and two months since I've last written!  I really wanted my latest post to be my birth story; but, it seems that one will have to wait a bit longer.  No worries, though. ☺

     I have been looking forward to the beginning of November.  For the past few Novembers, I've tried participating in giving thanks for something on each day of the month.  I really appreciate the opportunity set aside to do so.  (I am also reminded that I should be doing more giving of thanks, anyway!)

     So, without further ado, I would like to start off this late-night thanksgiving by thanking God for being in my life.  It never gets old for me.  Rather, He becomes even more precious.

     When I look back at my life, and see all I've done, and who I've been; and, when I see all God has done, and all He has been:  How can my heart not overflow with love for Him?  I've not once earned any blessing from Him.  I definitely don't deserve the gift of salvation that He's given me...But then, who does?

     How grateful I am that salvation is free!  How grateful I am that God called out to me, showed me my horrible estate, showed me Himself and the perfect grace and mercy that He  personally provided for me, and that Christ WILLINGLY...GLADLY...WONDERFULLY...saved my soul!  He gave me new life, put me in a right relationship with Him that can NEVER be undone, and a home with Him---forever!

     He's been, by far, my best Father, Friend, Confidante... Everything.  He's the best thing that ever happened to me.

"And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:  Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.  But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved) And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.  For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.  For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them."
Ephesians 2:1-10

"Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:" Philippians 1:6

Comments

Popular Posts