My First Successful Sourdough Loaf!

     Yes, yes, it is true!  I have experienced the sheer delight of making, baking, smelling, and tasting my very first successful sourdough loaf!  Praise God for like-minded folks, who graciously share their recipes online!  Thanks especially to The Homemade Housewife for sharing her recipe, for that is the very recipe that garnered my success (and MOST OF ALL, prayers to the Almighty God and my Saviour! )
     So, now I would like to share photographs and the recipe that has blessed me so!  Enjoy!

Renee's Garlic Sourdough Loaf

1/2 cup sourdough starter
1.5 cups bread flour
1.5 cups whole wheat flour
5-7 garlic cloves, (large ones sliced, the rest whole)
1 tsp. sea salt
1.5 cups water

I took out my sourdough starter, and allowed it to get to room temperature.



Once room temperature, I added all the ingredients together in a plastic mixing bowl.  I blended it thoroughly, then covered it with a damp, warm towel.  I also replenished my sourdough starter, leaving it out on the counter overnight, covered with cheesecloth, before putting it back in the refrigerator.  I let the dough sit out overnight to rise, making sure to give it at least 15 hrs., before flipping the dough over, and letting it rise again for another 2 hrs.



Once it had done its second rise, I buttered a 9-in. glass pie dish and placed the dough in it, and scored the top of the bread.  I took another 9-in. glass pie dish, and placed it on top.  I preheated the oven to 450 degrees, then baked the bread for 40 minutes.  Once baked, simply slide out onto your bread plate, slice, butter, and enjoy!  



I do have to say, homemade bread is a delectable delight to Dear as he enters our home from a long day at work.  I'm sure he'll be utterly pleased when he comes home today!  Want to try to give your man a little present:  try this recipe!



A-Wise-Woman-Builds-Her-Home

Comments

  1. Looks good, but working with a sour dough starter scares me. Isn't that silly?

    Can you email me this recipe please with the directions? Maybe I'll be brave enough to try it someday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm! Sadly I don't think my hubby likes it like yours does. :) Love you! Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will undoubtedly enjoy it for him, Blessed Mama! Miss Wildflower, I'll email you that recipe for the starter a.s.a.p.!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

"Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man." Colossians 4:6

Popular Posts