I'm Wealthy!



    I am a very wealthy woman!  When I sit and ponder all that I have been given by my Lord, I see wealth untold!  It is too much to comprehend!
     My wealthy status is not based upon the "gold standard."  Nor is it based upon the home wherein I live, the vehicle we drive, the clothes we wear, or the food we eat.  It is not based upon the color of my skin, nor the vacations we take (though, we have never had a "real" vacation all the years we have been together!).  It is not based upon our bank accounts, the church we attend, my husband's vocation, or any such thing.  It is based upon you.
     Yes, my wealth is in people:  my family, my friends.  If I were to sit and list all the people I have ever had in my life, still have in my life, and all the experiences marked with those people, I may very well lose count!  Indeed, when I see you, I see value.  I see importance.  Not one person in my life is worthless.  All have innumerable value to me.
     We may never have met in person.  We may have known one another all our lives.  We may have only met once, never to speak again.  We may have hurt one another, and our paths ended (at least on earth).  We may always be connected in this life.  However we are in one another's lives, God has allowed it to be, and to me that soul is priceless.  I have so many priceless gems in my treasure chest!
     All the relationships, all the people, all the experiences, give me opportunity to thank God, glorify His name, and humble myself before Him.  I deserve not one of you in my life; yet, my good Lord has seen fit to allow you in my life, carefully selecting another precious gem to go into my treasure chest.  You are not just some item stored away; rather, I always treasure, value, and meditate on your worth.  I do not value you in my life only because you have some way to meet some need in my life, but rather you bring value because of the person God made you to be.
     I love each person God has put in my life.  By His grace, I see the worth of that soul He created.  I desire to see that gem shine out His glorious light with every bit of their being.  I desire for them to be supremely blessed of God, as He has seen fit to supremely bless me with such richness.  He has used you to teach me, guide me, strengthen me, and draw me closer to Him.  Indeed, I am a wealthy woman, and am undeserved of you all.





Comments

  1. What a beautiful post, Renee! That is a far superior way to measure wealth! Blessings to you as you go about your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Renee! You are so right. We place so much on 'things' instead of relationships! What a wonderful reminder of how important people are :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is always important to value the people that come into our lives.

    Great thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The is so beautiful. It blessed me for sure in how I look at others, those who have hurt me and my value. Thank you! You are a gem in my life Renee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, too, am a wealthy woman. Thank you for such a beautiful post.

    Blessings,

    Jasmine

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

"Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man." Colossians 4:6

Popular Posts