My Shelter

     "Oh, Jesus is a Rock in a weary land, a weary land, a weary land.  Oh, Jesus is a Rock in a weary land--a shelter in the time of storm."

     I so appreciate those words from a song right now.  Today I received news from my doctor that I was not expecting when I went in for a routine exam.  Though she comforted me, (as well as others), that this is very treatable, nevertheless I went into "worry" mode.
     I was a bit disoriented the rest of my day, due to my expectations going out the window.  However, this time has caused me to draw more to the Lord and His people.  So, even though my expectations failed, it has been a good day.
     I do ask for prayer from you folks out there.  I want more than anything that His will be done.  I not only ask this in regards to the physical well-being, but also the spiritual/mental/emotional well-being, of myself.  I do not want to allow this situation to cause me to sin against my Lord.  Already today I've been worrying, and I really needn't.


"The Lord’s our Rock, in Him we hide,
A Shelter in the time of storm;
Secure whatever ill betide,
A Shelter in the time of storm.

A shade by day, defense by night,
A Shelter in the time of storm;
No fears alarm, no foes afright,
A Shelter in the time of storm.

The raging storms may round us beat,
A Shelter in the time of storm
We’ll never leave our safe retreat,
A Shelter in the time of storm.

O Rock divine, O Refuge dear,
A Shelter in the time of storm;
Be Thou our Helper ever near,
A Shelter in the time of storm."

Comments

Popular Posts