Giving Of Thanks: DAYS 10 - 13

     As I lay here tonight, safe and warm, I thank God. 

     In the comforts of my own home, God has allowed me to nurse my son to sleep, ever so sweetly.  I get to share my bed with my beloved husband; who, faults and all, seeks to love me as Christ does His Church.  I have my family.

     In spite of all the failures in my life, I still have people who want to be a part of it.  I have folks who, for all intents and purposes, should not want to love us, but do.  I would say that is a gift from God.

     With all the trauma of my past, I can still look at said-past, and see the amazing love of my Heavenly Father, completely interwoven within it.  I can see where I have been wronged, and God took care of me.  I can see where I have been the one to wrong another, and God took care of me.

     I can look at my life's situations, and show you many things I do not like about them.  I can show you grief, anxiety, frustration, confusion, anger, despair, loneliness, hurt, and more.  Many times, in the privacy of those nearest to me, I do.

     Yet, for all those things, I can show you the love of God in my life.  I am still on this earth.  I have a good man, who loves me.  I have a son, who lights up when he sees me, or hears my voice.  I cannot adequately portray what their love does to and for me.

     I have friends, who are my family of the heart.  I have family, who have stayed beside me (even if there were times they would have liked to throttle me), in bad times.  They all enrich my life.

     I have been given numerous opportunities to get it right, again.  I have been given opportunities to live for Jesus, again.  I have been given so much.

     With everything evil that goes on around me, my constant is the Lord.  I do not deserve the good life I have been given.  Too often I complain, or am given to ingratitude.  Too often I am a spoiled brat, that needs reminded how good I actually have it.

     Oh, tonight, once again I am reminded of my blessings; and, how grateful I need to be.  Things may not be how I would like them to be; fine.  Go to God, and tell Him my heart.  Then, wrap my arms around Him in my heart, and pour out my truest gratitude for all He is, all He does, and all He has given me. 

Never cease to truly praise Him.

I have so much good in my life, because of Him.
    

Comments

Popular Posts