Motherhood Multiplies: Part 3

     Having someone trustworthy available to watch your child, was a challenge for us.  The clock was ticking, and, who do we ask?  Well, God provided in quite a wonderful way!

     Talking with one of my dear friends on the phone one evening, she offered her services, in the event we needed them.  Oh!  I was stunned to silence.  For her to come meant traveling nearly 3,000 miles via airplane!

     She thought my silence was a polite "No, thank you."  I was truly flabbergasted.  I immediately silenced her concerns.  However, I didn't think I would need them, as we had someone else lined up.

     Well...God knew I would need this dear sister's help.  Getting ever closer to the due date, the former help was unable to come at that time.  I tried various other sources, that all failed.  Ugh...Could I really impose upon my friend?  I had a really difficult time mustering up the courage to ask.  I knew it was a multi-hundred-dollar question I was asking of her.  Yet, she had sincerely offered.

     I called.  I was a blubbering mess.  She knew, and didn't hesitate to take action.  Her very busy family gladly lent her to us.  What a gift!

     No more than a couple months later, and I was giddily awaiting her late-night arrival!  It was as if no time had passed as we embraced in a hug as she came in our home.  Oh, but the tears!

     Since it was late, we all headed to bed.  The next few days she was here were a flurry of action!  With her arrival just days before my daughter's estimated due date, she wanted to ensure we were well-stocked with freezer meals, in the event that our daughter arrived after her departure.

     Grocery-shopping, meal-prepping, just catching up, as well as my last prenatal appointment, were all in our week together.  What a rich, wonderful time together!  Even my husband joined in on the fun, in his way.  😉
     No baby came, though.  Off she went, back to her lovely family and home.  I don't know that she, nor any of them, will truly grasp the depth of gratitude I hold for their gift to us. 

     There was another person arriving, just a few days later, to help for after the birth.  So, we had just a few days in between helpers.  Surely baby girl would wait... right?

Copyright 2019 Molding Into A Lady

Comments

Popular Posts