Motherhood Multiplies: Part 1

     We are just a little while away from celebrating our daughter's first birthday!  Wow!  It is astounding how quickly time flies.
     Years ago, when I recounted the miracle of our son, I truly believed that he was it--the answer to our years-long prayer for a child.  I never wanted to consider having another one; not because I didn't want any more, but I thought it'd be too forward of me.  Well, I never needed to ask:  God surprised me, again.
     Once our son was nearing a year in age,  I went through a brief bout of post partum anxiety, since my body was readjusting to all the hormonal fluctuations accompanying motherhood.  Once things hormonally-settled, for once in my life, I became regular "like clockwork." 
     Well, lo and behold, once again I was surprised:  another baby!
     I cannot say if I was more surprised this time, than the first, but, I definitely was shocked!  I really was in awe that God would gift us another child.  Shock, awe, and gratitude, are all understatements to what I experienced when I saw those two pink lines...

Comments

Popular Posts