My Really Cheesy Alfredo Roast Tip Penne Regato

     So, I was perplexed of what to do with my leftover roast meat and some soon-to-be-retired tomatoes.  Since I was craving homemade alfredo sauce, I decided to create something.  Something magnificent.
     I couldn't just keep this home-made recipe to myself!  I wanted to share it with you all...So, here it is:

Renee's Really Cheesy Alfredo Roast Tip Penne Regato

(Sauce)
1/2 stick unsalted butter
4 - 6 cloves pressed garlic
8 oz. bag of Italian Blend Cheese
5 oz. container of Romano & Parmesan Blend cheese
1 1/2 cups raw milk (or you can use heavy cream instead)
Generous sprinkling of parsley

(Rest of Recipe)
1/2 lb. lightly seasoned leftover New York Roast, chopped
Generous sprinkling of Italian Seasoning (or make your own)
2 Tbs. olive oil
4 - 6 cloves pressed garlic
2 ripe beefsteak tomatoes, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
Sprinkling of salt
1 box of penne regato pasta

In a saucepan, I melted the butter in with the milk and garlic, on low-medium low heat.  While that was melting, I added the chopped meat with the oil and garlic in a large frying pan.  I kept it on medium.  Once the butter was melted in the milk, I let it cook on medium-low for about five minutes.   I added the tomatoes and onions to the steak, as well as the rest of the seasonings.  I cooked the pasta according to box directions.  I let it cook on medium, watching to stir it to cook thoroughly and not stick.  Once the sauce had cooked for about five minutes on medium-low, I added all the cheese and parsley, stirring it in thoroughly.  To get the cheese the blend well with the milk, I used a fork to fold it in while it cooked.  I turned the heat down on the steak concoction to low, while I focused on the sauce.  Once the sauce was well blended, I added the steak and sauce to the pasta--YUM!  It goes great with garlic bread.  :)


  The Imperfect Housewife






Comments

  1. Umm... you want to come make dinner for me tonight? This sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post...thanks for sharing..happy holidays...soraya

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

"Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man." Colossians 4:6

Popular Posts