Dust Bunnies, And More...

     It seems to never fail that on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, I find myself asking the Lord:  "Help me!"  Monday, I ask for help, because I am facing a day of cleaning...Same as on Tuesday...Oh, yes, on Wednesday, as well...Thursday has the same activity...So does Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, actually.  Did I mention that I am to cook on those days, too?  Yes, I need help!
     Some days, I just want to get to the fun stuff.  Fun can be crocheting, visiting with friends, reading, or a whole host of other things.  Work has to come first, before play (in my mind); because, if I start playing first, work will usually not get accomplished...
     So, this morning, as I came down the hallway, I noticed all those gleeful dust bunnies, mocking me.  "You can't catch me!"
     "Just watch me catch you."
     Yes, I do not particularly enjoy dust bunnies.  Yet, I love my dog, who facilitates in procreating them.  Alas, a constant battle.  I do believe I could create a business, utilizing all this hair.  Certainly someone is in need of beautiful blonde hair!
     Oh, and as I enter the bathroom?  Of course, awaiting me were a dirty sink and counter, a mirror needing swiped, and a toilet needing scrubbed.  Do you think they were helpful, by cleaning themselves?  Why, of course not!
    "So, umm, lady...When ya gonna take care of me?  I need a bath."
     "I'll get to you, just as soon as I take care of your friends, the dust bunnies."
     "Ok.  Whatever.  I'll be here, just waiting for you."
     "Aren't you so kind."
     Of course, the dishes were waiting for me, the kitchen counters, and other areas of the household.  All through the process (beginning, during, and after), I am talking to my Lord Jesus.  There is no way I am facing this mockery, without Him!  I mean, after all, I just took care of them the other day!  Could they at least have given me a break?  Do they not realize that I would like to do other things?
   
     I am so glad I have Him!  When I get frustrated, overwhelmed, unthankful...You name it, I have probably felt it...I go to Christ.  He fixes my mind, gives me the wherewithal, and gladness in my heart!  After all, my home and my life are gifts from Him!  I want to do Him right, and not be ungrateful.  I must nip in the bud any sin that wants to root itself within me.  Rather, I need to let God pluck it out of me!

"For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. Do all things without murmurings and disputings: That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;" 
Philippians 2:13-15

     

Comments

Popular Posts