Sunday Scripture: "'Mel Gibson's Passion,' by Dr. Douglas D. Stauffer, Part 1"

     Many years ago, when "The Passion of Christ," first was advertised for the movie theaters, I, like so many other ignorant folks, was excited to go see this film.  I lacked great discernment.  I was an immature Christian.
     I remember how moving the film was, to me.  I remember taking my lost (at the time) husband, along with other lost folks, and how they were moved by it.  Yet, that "movement" was just a fleeting emotion.  Did they get saved, from watching it?  No.  Did it encourage me to maturity in Christ?  No.
     Maybe there were folks upon which it made a good impact.  Maybe, even a lasting one.  Nevertheless, feelings ought to never dictate what we believe.  The truth, found in the Bible, should dictate our beliefs.
     That being said, many years after first watching that film (and later, purchasing it), we changed our perspective of it.  Taking it into the light of Christ, we found it lacking.  It had error, after error, in it.
     Thus, today's post.  Dear and I recently watched the first part of a two-part series, done by Dr. Douglas D. Stauffer, pertaining to said-film.  The first part is one-hour's length.  I am sharing it today, for your convenience.  I highly recommend folks to take a listen to this message!

Comments

Popular Posts