Keeping An Evangelistic Mind, While Keeping At Home

     It is so easy, as a lady, to become caught up in the home, and forget the spiritual battle around us.  I know for myself, I became (and can get in that mode, again) so immersed in learning the ways of Biblical womanhood, that I neglected keeping an evangelistic mindset.  I had to remember, and need to remember, that being a keeper at home is one of the ways we can reach people for the Lord!

How on earth, can a lady be evangelistic, by following Titus 2:4, 5?

     For starters, you are obeying Scripture!  You are not giving the enemy cause to blaspheme the name of our God!  That is a huge opportunity, right there!

"That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed."
(Titus 2:4-5)

     The men are the evangelists.  Only men are to be pastors and deacons.  As their wives, we can bless them by complying with the Lord's will, as stated above.  That compliance, alone, does so much in spreading the Gospel!  How?  It strengthens the men, to where they can focus on what God has called them to do, rather than trying to simply maintain order in the home...Or worse, giving up.
     Yet, God does want us women, who are His children, sharing the Gospel!  We need not feel as though we have no opportunity to spread the GREAT news of Jesus Christ!  Were not the first witnesses of His resurrection, women?

"In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre. And, behold, there was a great earthquake: for the angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat upon it. His countenance was like lightning, and his raiment white as snow: And for fear of him the keepers did shake, and became as dead men. And the angel answered and said unto the women, Fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified. He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay. And go quickly, and tell his disciples that he is risen from the dead; and, behold, he goeth before you into Galilee; there shall ye see him: lo, I have told you. And they departed quickly from the sepulchre with fear and great joy; and did run to bring his disciples word. And as they went to tell his disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, All hail. And they came and held him by the feet, and worshipped him. Then said Jesus unto them, Be not afraid: go tell my brethren that they go into Galilee, and there shall they see me."
(Matthew 28:1-10)

"And when the sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, had bought sweet spices, that they might come and anoint him. And very early in the morning the first day of the week, they came unto the sepulchre at the rising of the sun. And they said among themselves, Who shall roll us away the stone from the door of the sepulchre? And when they looked, they saw that the stone was rolled away: for it was very great. And entering into the sepulchre, they saw a young man sitting on the right side, clothed in a long white garment; and they were affrighted. And he saith unto them, Be not affrighted: Ye seek Jesus of Nazareth, which was crucified: he is risen; he is not here: behold the place where they laid him. But go your way, tell his disciples and Peter that he goeth before you into Galilee: there shall ye see him, as he said unto you. And they went out quickly, and fled from the sepulchre; for they trembled and were amazed: neither said they any thing to any man; for they were afraid. Now when Jesus was risen early the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had cast seven devils. And she went and told them that had been with him, as they mourned and wept." 
(Mark 16:1-10)

"Now upon the first day of the week, very early in the morning, they came unto the sepulchre, bringing the spices which they had prepared, and certain others with them. And they found the stone rolled away from the sepulchre. And they entered in, and found not the body of the Lord Jesus. And it came to pass, as they were much perplexed thereabout, behold, two men stood by them in shining garments: And as they were afraid, and bowed down their faces to the earth, they said unto them, Why seek ye the living among the dead? He is not here, but is risen: remember how he spake unto you when he was yet in Galilee, Saying, The Son of man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again. And they remembered his words, And returned from the sepulchre, and told all these things unto the eleven, and to all the rest. It was Mary Magdalene, and Joanna, and Mary the mother of James, and other women that were with them, which told these things unto the apostles." 
(Luke 24:1-10)

"The first day of the week cometh Mary Magdalene early, when it was yet dark, unto the sepulchre, and seeth the stone taken away from the sepulchre. Then she runneth, and cometh to Simon Peter, and to the other disciple, whom Jesus loved, and saith unto them, They have taken away the Lord out of the sepulchre, and we know not where they have laid him. Peter therefore went forth, and that other disciple, and came to the sepulchre. So they ran both together: and the other disciple did outrun Peter, and came first to the sepulchre. And he stooping down, and looking in, saw the linen clothes lying; yet went he not in. Then cometh Simon Peter following him, and went into the sepulchre, and seeth the linen clothes lie, And the napkin, that was about his head, not lying with the linen clothes, but wrapped together in a place by itself. Then went in also that other disciple, which came first to the sepulchre, and he saw, and believed. For as yet they knew not the scripture, that he must rise again from the dead. Then the disciples went away again unto their own home. But Mary stood without at the sepulchre weeping: and as she wept, she stooped down, and looked into the sepulchre, And seeth two angels in white sitting, the one at the head, and the other at the feet, where the body of Jesus had lain. And they say unto her, Woman, why weepest thou? She saith unto them, Because they have taken away my Lord, and I know not where they have laid him. And when she had thus said, she turned herself back, and saw Jesus standing, and knew not that it was Jesus. Jesus saith unto her, Woman, why weepest thou? whom seekest thou? She, supposing him to be the gardener, saith unto him, Sir, if thou have borne him hence, tell me where thou hast laid him, and I will take him away. Jesus saith unto her, Mary. She turned herself, and saith unto him, Rabboni; which is to say, Master. Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God. Mary Magdalene came and told the disciples that she had seen the Lord, and that he had spoken these things unto her." 
(John 20:1-18)

     Is not that beautiful?  Oh, how I love reading when Jesus called Mary, by name!  It fills my heart with love for Him!
     Later, we see how the apostles went and spread the Gospel.  The women were there, right alongside them, tending to the needs of the church.  
     We can tend to our church's needs, too.  We can make meals, make visits, clean...You know, "menial" tasks.  Yet, without those tasks being done, things would become chaotic, in a hurry.
     We can PRAY.  Think that "menial," too?  Was it "menial," when Christ prayed to the Father, in the garden of Gethsemane?  Was it "menial," when He prayed to the Father, in the seventeenth chapter of John?
     If it is worth little, why did Christ do it so often?  Why does He tell us to do it, and without ceasing, in the epistles?  I believe we believe too many Satanic, fleshly, and/or worldly lies.
     Praying for souls is laborious work.  To intercede on the behalf of others, is precious.  Have you never experienced those times when others interceded on your behalf?  No doubt someone prayed for your salvation, even if it was "only" Jesus Christ, as read in John 17.
     We can pray for those laboring in the fields.  Again, we have been blessed for folks praying for us; why not be a blessing, too?  Even if no one prays for you (which I highly doubt), we should still be praying for others.  Those men, who are sharing the Gospel (whether it be land foreign or domestic to them), need our prayers!  One example, of many, from the apostle Paul:

"Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints; And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel, For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak." 
(Ephesians 6:18-20)

If he needed it, do you not think all saints need our prayers?

Did I not previously hear that word "all?" ;)

     In addition to prayer, we can hand out Gospel tracts.  Did I hear grunts and moans?  It really is not as awful as you think...Trust me, I know!
     I used to be intimidated (and embarrassed), to be seen as one of those "tracting" Christians.  (I think I just made up a word...)  Yet, really, what does a little foolishness for Christ compare to the salvation of lost souls?  Being seen as ridiculous, for handing out a small piece of literature, is worth seeing someone receive the Gospel message:  in hopes that they become born again!
     There are so many ways to get those tracts in people's hands!  I have heard stories of folks going down the beer aisle, and dropping them in the beer cases!  I have heard of people putting them in the pockets of hanging clothing, at the store.  I have heard of people leaving them in the bathroom (and, I have done that one, myself!).  
     You can give it to the person to whom you are paying your meal, at the drive-through window.  You can give it to your waiter/waitress, alongside their tip.  Be creative!  It is one way, as we are running our errands/eating out, to be a light for Christ.
     There are those opportunities given by the church, whereby we may congregate for evangelistic purposes.  I know I have been blessed, to be able to go to:  the senior center, to minister to the elderly; a mission home, to minister to those coming off of drugs and/or alcohol addictions; on street evangelism, to deliver tracts/studies to individuals as they pass by on their errands; and, soon, it seems, I will be going to a local fair to evangelize!  Does your church offer any opportunities, "big or small," to witness to your area regarding Christ? 
     Oh, the list could continue!  As we are sweeping our floors, making our beds, cooking our meals, let us keep Heaven in mind.  Is there someone you know, that you know needs to be saved?  Why not lift them up to the Lord, while you do your task?  It takes less than a minute, but can truly matter for eternity.






Comments

  1. This has been a great encouragement for me today!

    Just this morning, as my Dad was getting ready to preach his sermon, I had a thought (perhaps a very silly one) that maybe, if I were born a boy, I could be a better help in furthering the gospel. It lasted for only a second, because I reminded myself of what the scriptures said, and the Lord put me in the place I am in for a reason.

    You reminded me of the big picture. I am active in serving in my home and local church, trying to work more fervently and with a charitable spirit. I am increasing my tracting efforts...and loving it! I've probably practiced every maneuver you've listed! Just two days ago someone came to the door. The "owner of the house" wasn't present, so they said they'd come back later (never did). Before he skedaddled, I gave him a scripture tract. He said he was a Christian, and would read through the tract once he's done working, and tucked it into his binder. I prayed that he truly was a Christian, and that he would hold to his promise of reading that tract.

    The Lord blesses obedience. If you obey the scripture, and live by it, you won't be living in vain. :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I'm SO THANKFUL for your comment! It's definitely an encouragement to me! Thank you, so very much, for sharing. May the Lord bless you, as you keep serving Him!

      Delete

Post a Comment

"Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man." Colossians 4:6

Popular Posts