In Ten Years...

How was I to know, that you would become my best friend?

How was I to know, that I could confide everything in you?

How was I to know, that your love would heal parts of me, that I had hidden away?



How is it, that you have become a shepherd for my soul?

How is it, that you have made a "dirty, messed-up" girl feel like a special woman?

How is it, that you have never left me?



How has it become, that we find our best bud in each other?

How has it become, that we delight in this "simple" life, together?

How has it become, that you love me the way you do?



When did our hearts become one?

When did life only seem enjoyable, with the other by our side?

When did marriage become something beyond what we see?



How far have we come, since the day we said, "I do!"

How wondrous the Lord has made this once-upon-a-time "optional" marriage,

Into something of permanence!



It is of the Lord:

He it is, who has transformed a backslidden daughter of God, and an unregenerate man,

Into faithful children of the most glorious Saviour!



He it is, who has taught both man and woman, how to love.

He it is, who has molded hearts into one.

He it is, who perfects the imperfect.



CHRIST JESUS is our bond.

CHRIST JESUS is our strength.

CHRIST JESUS is our love.



How can you love me the way you do?

Why have you not ran away?

How can you see something worthwhile?



How did I get such a man as you?

A man who will do anything to care for me.

A man who will travel endless miles to be with me.



A man who will guide me according to the ways of God.

A man who loves God more than anyone else in the world.

A man who will protect my heart, and share his with me.



A man strong in convictions from God's Word.

A man strong in the faith of the Most High God.

A man strong in his devotion to Christ.



A man who shows great tenderness towards me.

A man who, himself, is a tender and precious soul.

A man worthwhile to love.



Great it is to be loved by him.



How did I get such a precious gift in you, Dear?

Ahh, but I do remember now...

It was when Christ redeemed you!


"Wedding Vows"
Copyright 2014 Molding Into A Lady

Comments

Popular Posts