Blackberry Crisp Bars

     Last week, I was invited by my friend, who happens to also be our neighbour, to go over to her property and pick some fresh blackberries with her youngins.  Mmm, what do you think I did?  If you guessed, "Go over and pick some fresh blackberries," you would be correct!

     I was able to fill a large colander to the brim with the plump, ripe blackberries.  Now, what to do with them?  Well, I have done a few things.

     The first thing I did was rinse them well:  a filtered water-vinegar bath.  Then, I rinsed them again, this time with just filtered water.  Then, I took enough to fill a baking dish, to flash freeze them.  I bagged those frozen ones in a gallon-sized freezer bag, and put them back in the freezer; where they abide to this day, awaiting their time of use.

     The others I left in a colander, and put in the refrigerator.  I planned on using them in some sort of crisp/bar recipe.  However, long-time-no-see family came down for the weekend, to my surprise!, and they stayed nice and cool in the back of the refrigerator.

     I had found a recipe online, for Blueberry Crisp Bars, from www.acozykitchen.com.  I knew I could replace the blueberries with the blackberries.  So, today, I finally set my course to make them!  I cannot take credit of this recipe.  But, oh boy, do I want to share it with you!  Please click on the highlighted link, to go find this easy, delicious recipe!


Comments

Popular Posts