Every Hope Fulfilled



I don't look back:  
God knows the fruitless efforts,
The wasted hours, 
The sinning, 
The regrets;
I leave them all with Him, 
Who blots the record,
And mercifully forgives, 
And then forgets.

I don't look forward, 
God sees all the future:
The road that, 
Short or long, 
Will lead me home;
And He will face with me its every trial,
And bear for me the burdens that may come.

I don't look round me: 
Then would fears assail me,
So wild the tumult of earth's restless seas;
So dark the world, 
So filled with woe and evil,
So vain the hope of comfort or of ease.

I don't look in, 
For then am I most wretched;
Myself has naught on which to stay my trust;
Nothing I see save failures and short-comings,
And weak endeavors crumbling into dust.

But I look up -- 
Into the face of Jesus,
For there my heart can rest, 
My fears are stilled:
And there is joy, 
And love, 
And light for darkness,
And perfect peace, 
And every hope fulfilled.

by Annie Johnson Flint

Copyright 2013 Molding Into A Lady

Raising Homemakers

Comments

Popular Posts