Keeping At Home And Sharing Christ

     I truly enjoy doing my duty here at home.  Sure, sometimes I allow myself to become overwhelmed:  due to emotions going haywire; allowing things to get piled up so that I am catching up rather than keeping up; not focusing on the Lord, but on people; not keeping a better schedule; etc.  However, when I do what I am supposed to do, there are the sweet feelings of true accomplishment and happiness.
     It is nice to know that God is training me how to better care for my family.  Granted, it is just Dear, Meow, Bubba, Jail Break, Jade, Ruby, and Yours Truly, but that is enough creatures to keep active.  (Meow & Bubba are our two cats; Jail Break, Jade, and Ruby are our ducks.)  There are always needs to be met, that I am called to do.
     I have been learning how to clean, prepare meals, and overall, live healthier.  I have been learning how to keep at the sometimes rigorous, sometimes monotonous, always repetitive routine of keeping at home.  I get to delight in having my own schedule, having a good "boss," having a good home, having a great "workplace," having great "suppliers," and so forth.  All these things give me great pleasure that the world never offered, nor could it:  the source of my joy in all these things is Christ.
     You see, doing all these things, day in and day out, would easily wear down any person.  It gets boring; not sometimes, but a lot of times.  You do not receive a paycheck validating your time spent:  washing the dishes over and over in one day; washing the laundry; preparing the meals; cleaning the home; tending the animals; tending the yard; scheduling appointments; etc.  There are usually no thrills in folding t-shirts just so.
     There is no "value" in a woman who stays home; at least, not much anymore.  I have found it rare to hear of anyone praising God for women who stay home, with/without children, to care for the family they have.  I have found it rare for anyone to see the worth of fulfilling God's command that a woman keep at home:  loving the Lord, loving her husband, loving her children, etc.
     Yet, the Lord finds it valuable.  Dear finds it valuable.  Having the Lord value it, is enough reason for me. Having Dear value it, even more so.
     Though I am a keeper at home, I have another command from Him:  to share with others His Gospel. As I write, I seek to glorify Him.  Since I need to be at home, taking care of this place, preparing for Dear, I am not out working a job that gives me opportunity to share it with others.  So, I write. I realize many who read my blog are already saved, at least I hope so.  Maybe there are others who are not.
     I do have opportunities to share with others the Good News of Jesus Christ.  I can do it when I am running my errands.  If I am behaving myself as His ambassador, folks will recognize that I am not a citizen here.  :)  If I speak up for my King, and tell folks of Him, (not being so proud in heart that I care more of their opinion of me than of their eternal destination), I can share the Gospel.
     Since I am a woman, I am not called to preach.  I am not called to teach in the church.  I am called to go out and be a witness for Jesus Christ, though!  Being a witness for Him is no small matter!  I get to testify the truth!
     Would I be negligent to testify at a trial, as a witness to an event that would put an evildoer in prison?  Just as I pray I would not be negligent in such a duty, so I, too, must not be negligent to testify of Christ.  Though I be a woman, I can do it!
     Were not the first testifiers to Christ's resurrection women?  What a precious gift!  I get to testify of it, too. :)
     Time is only shortening, not lengthening.  Ladies, I beg you, find ways to tell of your Saviour.  If you have been born again, do not be neglect to speak up for Him!  There are many ways to share:  Gospel tracts, your own salvation testimony, your lifestyle...But you must speak!  Yes, people will be "offended."  Yes, people will be "mean."  Yes, people will not want to hear.  Should that stop your mouth?
     One day, we who have been redeemed by Christ will be caught up in the air with Him.  Whether we are still alive on this earth, or raised from the grave, we will meet Him and be transformed!  Do you not want to see as many people as possible have that blessed opportunity as well?  Or, do you wish to see them suffer eternal torment in the lake of fire?
     We do not know the hour in which He will come for us.  Do we want to be content with "living a nice life," while not telling others why we have such a "nice life?"  I used to be afraid to tell folks I was a Christian, for they teased me, were rude, scoffed, etc.  Now, by God's grace, their soul is worth more than my feelings.
     Yes, we are still sinners.  But we are sinners saved by grace.  That same Author of grace gives us grace to overcome sin.
     Yes, lost sinners will see us sin.  They will also see God pick us back up and set us on the right way, again.  They will see our hearts towards God as we live in thanksgiving for our salvation.
     Yes, they will think living the Bible way extreme.  The longer we wait for the Lord, the more "extreme" we become, for evil will wax worse and worse.  Keep living faithfully for the Lord.
     Yes, life can become, or maybe already is, or has been, rough.  I know that being in the U.S.A. has its advantages for the Christian.  There are many, many, many other places that do not allow the liberties we have to share of Jesus Christ, and not be killed...By the government, neighbors, family, etc.  Still live faithfully.
     Keep being a Godly wife, a Godly mother, a Godly woman.  How you care for your family is important.  If you have children, they are a great place to start evangelizing.  They watch, and listen, always observing.  They learn from you about God the most.
     There are people praying that someone would talk to their lost loved one.  There are people praying for workers for the fields.  I know, for at our church and in our private lives, we pray in such ways.
     Are you that lady that needs to talk to that person's sister, who happens to be your neighbor/local grocery store clerk/librarian/coffee barista/friend/enemy?  Are you the woman that needs to talk to the grumpy old man down the street?  Are you the lady who needs to tell their family member who is vitriolic towards Godly things about Christ?  Are you the lady who needs to tell the wondrous story of her marriage to those whose marriage/marriages are not heavenly?
     Look to the Bible.  Find out how God wants women to testify of Him.  Pray for courage.  Pray for protection.  Pray for boldness.  Pray for wisdom.  All the while you are praying, speak for Him.

2Co 5:1  For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. 
2Co 5:2  For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven: 
2Co 5:3  If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked. 
2Co 5:4  For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life. 
2Co 5:5  Now he that hath wrought us for the selfsame thing is God, who also hath given unto us the earnest of the Spirit. 
2Co 5:6  Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord: 
2Co 5:7  (For we walk by faith, not by sight:) 
2Co 5:8  We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord. 
2Co 5:9  Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him. 
2Co 5:10  For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. 
2Co 5:11  Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences. 
2Co 5:12  For we commend not ourselves again unto you, but give you occasion to glory on our behalf, that ye may have somewhat to answer them which glory in appearance, and not in heart. 
2Co 5:13  For whether we be beside ourselves, it is to God: or whether we be sober, it is for your cause. 
2Co 5:14  For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead: 
2Co 5:15  And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again. 
2Co 5:16  Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more. 
2Co 5:17  Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. 
2Co 5:18  And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; 
2Co 5:19  To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. 
2Co 5:20  Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God. 
2Co 5:21  For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him. 



Growing Home

Comments

Popular Posts