A Precious Gem

As I enjoy the beauty of this new day from the Lord, I reflect upon His goodness; both to me, and to you all. He holds every second of our lives in His hand, and does so rather efficiently. :) I too often do not appreciate my Heavenly Father, nor do I know Him as is possible. This fact is to my shame. He has wondrously given so much: life on earth, salvation through His Son Jesus Christ, marriage for two opposite but complementing-when-together-under-His-control creatures, children, friends, family, counselors, preachers, ministers, dogs, cats, birds, knowledge...Every thing. Just starting to list things causes me to muse upon Him more. It initiates appreciation for my Lord. Today, in particular, I appreciate God-fearing folks who give wise counsel. I appreciate that God has put them in our lives, in one way or another, to see us conform to the image He desires. Without wise counsel, I would be a wandering fool. Though not always "pleasant," the counsel is good if it is true to the Lord. Good counsel is hard to come by these days, whether for political correctness, pleasing people, or selfish comforts. Godly, wise counsel is a precious gem I cannot afford to refuse. I am glad to receive that which I need in order to be the right kind of woman for God, Dear, & co. So, as I sit here, looking out at the gorgeous day, I reflect upon what the Lord has given. Today, I especially thank Him for His Word, His counselors, and for His work in my life. Thank You, Lord.

Comments

  1. Truly, we have much to be thankful for. We just need to stop long enough and give thanks instead of taking every blessings we have for granted.

    Great thoughts!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

"Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man." Colossians 4:6

Popular Posts