Contriteness

© robertcoombsart.com 2011


     Choices. Everyone must make choices. Choices for good, or choices for evil. There are no in-between choices.
     All too often I find that I make choices for evil. Typically those choices are made to appease the flesh's desires, not God's desires. Though God continually reminds me that I can make right choices, I usually give in to the flesh.
     It is a battle. I feel the pull of the flesh: what it wants, what makes my body feel better, etc. I also sense the pull of God, wanting me to be like Christ. I know He wouldn't cater to sin, and He doesn't want me to cater to it, either.
     Yet, here I am today, saddened that it is yet another day wherein I yielded to temptation, rather than running to Christ in prayer to deliver me from that temptation. Oh, the battles.
     I know that I am not the only believer in Christ that suffers with sinning. Though I know that fact, I do not feel any better. I know that I have been forgiven, and by Christ's grace will eschew sin, but the sadness is still in my heart.
     Yes, I have prayed. Yes, I meant it. Yes, I am now going to do what I must to avoid it.
I know that I have a loving Father and wonderful Saviour, who will not lead me astray, but will aid me to sin no more!
     I pray that I will be one who is controlled by the Spirit. I pray that I will be always pleasing God, for what He has done for me and who He is to me. Being a right kind of daughter to the Lord will be sweet to my soul.

"Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:"
Philippians 1:6

Comments

Popular Posts