Is Happiness Fleeting?



     I have noticed, with myself and others, a common theme: fleeting happiness. No one is immune. Yet, being born again through the shed blood of Jesus Christ brings great joy! Nothing and no one can take that joy away!
     When I seek happiness from making others happy, having relationships, things, emotions, experiences, etc., I WILL ALWAYS BE DISAPPOINTED. People ALWAYS FAIL. Things, emotions, experiences, etc. ALWAYS FADE AWAY and CHANGE. NOTHING outside of GOD lasts forever!
     So, what am I to do? Do I keep seeking to please people and make them like me? Do I keep accumulating items to fulfill my heart's desires? Do I seek relationships, realizing that they WILL end someday? Do I do, do, do, to feel good about myself? What do I do?
     Well, Jesus talked about this very subject. He prayed for His disciples' joy. The only way I will have happiness is in KNOWING CHRIST, KNOWING GOD. NO OTHER WAY.
     I CAN please God. I CAN know lasting, never-ending LOVE. I CAN live a good life. I CAN experience JOY! But, the ONLY way is through JESUS CHRIST.

"But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee." Psalm 5:11

"Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand are pleasures for evermore." Psalm 16:11

"These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full." John 15:11

"And ye now therefore have sorrow: but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy no man taketh from you." John 16:22

**These are only a FEW of the verses that one can look up regarding joy. You can research rejoicing, love, etc. GOD ALONE HAS THE ANSWER! All you have to do is read the Bible, asking God to help you understand it. HE will tell you the truth, about everything. Never will He confuse you. Trust Him, ask Him, and He will answer!**

Comments

Popular Posts