1. the act of taking or receiving something offered.
2. favorable reception; approval; favor
3. the act of assenting or believing: acceptance of a theory.
4. the fact or state of being accepted or acceptable.
5. acceptation (def. 1)
a. an engagement to pay an order, draft, or bill of exchange when it becomes due, as by the person on whom it is drawn.
b. an order, draft, etc., that a person or bank has accepted as calling for payment and has thus promised to pay.
1. the act of approving; approbation.
2. formal permission or sanction.
3. Philately. one of a group of selected stamps sent by a dealer to a prospective customer for examination and either purchase or return.
Though similar, they are different. It is important to remember. Though you might accept something in your home, you may not approve of its use. Interesting thought, is it not?