Though I Struggle, He Will Prevail!


     Today has been one of those days.  You know, those days where you wake up hoping to walk with the Lord perfectly, start to finish;  yet, you find yourself falling face-first into the muck of sin as soon as you plant your feet on the ground. However, it is not ending the same as it began!
     God continues to be long-suffering with me, and for His kindness I am blessed.  I wish I were more like my Heavenly Father, and I know life would not be so stressful for me. Well, as the Good Book says,

"And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope: And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us." 
Romans 5:3-5

     So, with that Scripture in mind, I will not give up.  Though, my flesh would like me to do so.  I will keep seeking my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ for the grace I need: to be who He wants me to be, and do what He wants me to do.
     Alongside all these things, I find I struggle with submitting myself to my husband (which is also me not submitting to Christ).  I find that when he makes decisions I disagree with, I automatically want to buck him.  I know that even if he makes a wrong decision, God will take care of me, but putting submission into practice (which indeed having a meek and quiet spirit will no doubt assist) can be difficult when the flesh is riled.
     I want to be meek and lowly like my Lord, for that is a most beautiful spirit.  I want to be a blessing to God and Dear, as well as all those in my life.  I need to keep His Word hid in my heart, and I know what is in my heart will reflect on the outside.  I know these things, yet putting into practice is my sin.
     I thank the Lord that He shows me my sins, and the solutions to them.  I thank Him that He died for me, and lives!  Even though I still sin and struggle, through Christ is the victory!  I am a most privileged and blessed woman to have Christ in me, with me, and guiding me every step of the way!  I will look forward to His magnification in my life!

Comments

Popular Posts