Not in Focus


     When I find myself seeking favor of men (generically-speaking:  family, friends, strangers, etc.), I know I am not right, spiritually.  It usually means I do not feel accepted, and want that acceptance that I feel missing.  However, I should not ever concern myself with man's favor.  Yet, I do.
     God gently reminded me today that my sights were on man, and not Him.  Once I started concerning myself with fitting in with people, I stopped considering Christ in my life.  If I had been considering Christ in my life, I would not have been concerned with "being accepted."
     I am thankful, though, that Christ accepted me all those years ago; knowing who I am and what I would do.  I cringe every time I look back at my life:  the years before salvation, the years after salvation when I backslid, and even today.  I know the only way to be strong in the Lord is to be in His Word, yet it is something I daily struggle with.
     I want more than anything to please God.  If I am pleasing Him and in a right fellowship with Him, I know all else will be well.  I never experience any greater joy than when I am faithfully following Him.  You would think I would have learned better by now.
     So, I am going to strive to seek the Lord earlier in my day, all throughout the day, and into my nights.  I am going to see what He wants to talk to me about, and listen.  I am going to spend more time with the One who loves me most, and strive to love others the way He wants me to.  I am going to strive to seek His approval, and not man's.

Comments

Popular Posts