The Thursday 7 #8



     Okay!  This is the eighth post for this series!  For me, it has really made me focus on what God is doing in my life, or has done.  I do not wish to take anything for granted.  So, with that thought, what are seven things for which I can thank Him?

  1. I want to thank Him, always and forever, for saving my soul and adopting me as His own.  Many times, I neglect to muse upon that fact, and allow it to flood my soul.  Yet, the times I do sit and ponder these facts, I am overwhelmed by His great love.
  2. I want to thank Him that I have a copy of His word.  It is by His word that I learned of my need of His salvation.  It is by His word that I learn of Him, and what He wants me to know.  When I reflect upon the fact that many souls perished, so that I (and all of humanity) could have a copy of the Bible, in their native tongue, I cannot take it lightly; too often I do, though.  Nevertheless, He reminds me at what precious cost I have received numerous copies of the Bible:  for which I am eternally grateful.  
  3. I am thankful for His mercy in my life.  Oh, how often have I failed Him!  How ever faithful is He!  The fact that my Lord Jesus Christ is interceding for me, right now, is too marvelous for words.
  4. I am thankful to have my Lord Jesus Christ.  Oh, what a friend is He!  What a beautiful Lord!  How tender and compassionate, true and just, loving and kind--how approachable!  Oh, I am blessed to be known of Him, and to know Him!
  5. I am thankful to the Lord, for each day He gives us, and the sustenance He provides.  Many times, I take for granted everything.  Then, I receive reminders that everything should not be taken for granted.  So, remembering that He is the reason I exist, and all that I "have" is of Him:  I thank Him, immensely.  
  6. I thank Him for the reminders to totally rely upon Him.  Nothing can be done right, and definitely not in His Spirit, unless He fills me with Himself.  Indeed, if I desire to produce the fruit of the Spirit, and not the works of the flesh, then I must stay submitted to Him.  I know that the flesh is my daily enemy, in this regard, yet I know that He is more powerful!  Oh, moment by moment, I desire to be yielded to Him.  
  7. I thank Him for the good hymns and spiritual songs, that have been passed down through the centuries.  So often, they do more to explain my heart, than I could otherwise.  There is something about singing "Once For All," "Just As I Am," "All The Way My Saviour Leads Me," "When I Survey The Wondrous Cross," "Redeemed, Redeemed," and countless others, that lifts my soul heaven-ward.  I can pour out my heart to Him.  I can reflect upon Him, as those songs minister to my heart.  What a blessing good music is!
**Would you like to share in this "testimony time?"  Just add your praises, in the comments section below.  I look forward to praising the Lord with you!**

Comments

Popular Posts