I Am My Father's Daughter, Part 3

REDEEMING THE TIME...



Since I became God's daughter, through Jesus Christ His Son, my life became His to control.  

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me."
Galatians 2:20


I knew that I would no longer "be in control" of my life, when I came to God to save me.  It was worth the cost!



So, what does it mean, to be my Father's daughter?



Well, first, it means I have been bought with a price:  a precious price, that I do not desire to blaspheme, or give cause to blaspheme.  His name is much too precious for such shame. 

     It also means that I am adopted, by the sheer grace and mercy of the Heavenly Father:  who is now my Heavenly Father.  It means that I did not earn it by my good behaviour; but, that He pitied my soul's plight:  He sent His Son to rescue me, showed to me my danger, showed to me the One who could (and would, bless God!) save me, and then willingly redeemed me at my call!
     It means that I now have a high calling.  This calling is not by my choice, my deeds, or anything else of myself.  It is something that was ordained, long before I was ever in existence.  It was a calling, decreed of God so to be, for anyone who would be born again.  That calling is to be an ambassador for Christ.
     It means that my life is not my own, to choose how I see fit to live.  I do not get to chase after dreams, contrary to His wishes.  I do not get to decide how I want to live, then run it by Him for approval.  No, I go to Him, to see what He has already approved, and to receive the grace to live it.
     It means that I have an astoundingly large family, now!  I belong to the family of God.  I have many brothers and sisters, this side of Heaven, all around the world!  I have siblings, awaiting me, up in Glory!  I have an amazing Father, and an incomprehensibly loving Brother.  I have a Creator...Lord...God...who lives in me!  Can you say, "WOW!?"
     It means I have peace:  peace with God, knowing that all is well between us, everlastingly.  I surely did not make things right:  He did.  All I did, was take Him at His Word, seeking that free gift of reconciliation, salvation, and redemption, many years ago; as an ignorant, young girl.

     It means that I do not "fit in" with the world.  Oh, sure, I can try to blend with the world.  I even tried it, for a while.  It does not work.  It is one of the most miserable experiences in my life, as a believer.  It simply is not part of God's designs, or wishes.

"Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God." 
James 4:4



**Here are the links, to the other parts in this series:



Comments

Popular Posts