Home Is Where The Heart Is


Home.

Home is where the heart is, right?

That's what they say.

So, where is your heart?

Maybe you'll say it's at home:  your house.  That's where all your loved ones are:  your family.

Maybe you'll say it's in your work:  your ministry.  That's where you devote most of your time:  your sacrifice.

Maybe you'll say it's within you:  your heart.  That's where you keep everything most precious:  the seat of your emotions.

I say, for me, it's Heaven.  

Home is Heaven, where Christ is.

Home is Heaven, where God is.

God has given me a taste of Home, by putting His Spirit in my heart.

I long for community; for belonging.  I long to dwell with those of a mutual faith, a mutual love, likemindedness, unity, purpose, peace, joy...Home.

I have realized, that Home is where the heart is.

My heart is to be desiring Heaven, where my Father is.

I am learning to set my affections on Heavenly things.

I am learning that this world is not my Home.

I am learning to be content whithersoever I am.

I am learning that nothing can substitute Heaven.

I am learning that my community is Heaven.

I am realizing that the only place I belong is Heaven.

I am realizing my purpose on Earth.

I am learning that it is o.k. to not be satisfied with the world.

I am thankful to be able to experience so much of God's creation, in many different parts of the earth.

I am thankful that I am still usable by my Father, wherever He places me.

I am thankful that I do not journey this foreign sod alone, but have Dear to go along with me.

I am learning to be mindful that this world is not my home, I'm just a-passin' through.

I am learning that my longing for Home is to be pointed Heaven-ward.

Home is where the heart is. 

"If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God."
(Colossians 3:1-3)

copyright 2013 Molding Into A Lady








Comments

Popular Posts