Not Dull...DIVINE!

     What is happening in my little corner of the world this week?  Well, I actually am feeling a bit accomplished!  Let me tell you...
   
     ...I finally did it!  I finally water-bath canned my first batch of I-won't-tell-you-so-as-to-keep-it-a-surprise-for-those-who-read-this-post-and-may-be-recipients-of-said-canning-delight!  HA!  Seriously, though, I am tickled.  All those worries and fears begone, and hello to a new world of preserving!
     I also have been in a "spring-cleaning" mode, though we are not in the spring season.  However, I have to acknowledge that the temperatures over here, as of late, remind me of the springs out this way.  Regardless, I did some heavier-duty cleaning than normal.  It gave a sense of peace that I enjoyed.  Now, let us see how long it lasts!
     Part of the cleaning meant going through the storage room to purge of things.  After moving in here, a lot of things that I do not immediately use went to that room, in preparation of family arriving two weeks later.  I had started going through those things a while ago; setting those things I definitely no longer need/use aside, to be taken to thrift stores or folks at church who might want/use them.  Yesterday, I finally took that small pile out of the room, and into the trunk!  Already I have disposed of two items.  I look forward to them all being gone...soon!
     One dear sister in the Lord recently sent me videos regarding organizing on a small/no budget.  Let me just tell you, I am INSPIRED.  I also am INTIMIDATED.  Now I look at my home, and think: "I need to organize like a crazy lady!"  All kidding aside, I look forward to the challenge, and the reward it brings.  I know I need not measure up to anyone else, but just follow the Lord.  I am happy for the work!
     Tomorrow I plan on tackling some of the pile of mendings I have.  I have put that pile to a dark little corner for too long.  Now, it patiently awaits me in the dining room, where I cannot avoid it.  So, unless I enjoy having an eyesore in such a conspicuous place, I need to get it done!  Hopefully I will get most, if not all of it, done tomorrow.
     I list all my "doings" to say this:  "I am thankful for my life.  I am thankful that the LORD has blessed me as He has seen fit to do.  I have a real, wonderful, blood-bought relationship with Him.  I have a deepening relationship with Dear, that continues to blossom and thrive as we work at obeying the LORD together.  I have the greatest work I could ever have been given, at this current part of my life.  It really is a 'dream come true;' though I have to say I never dreamed this big!  I get to keep our home.  I get to manage our home.  I get to love and be loved by Dear.  I get to put into use all the Bible passages regarding 'help meet; lover; friend; wife,' etc.  I get to enjoy the 'mundane' (as the world sees it).  I get to THRIVE in femininity and godliness.  I get to create an atmosphere at home wherein charity abounds, God is preeminent, hospitality smiled upon...I get to be a woman after God's own heart.  
     It comes with challenges, most definitely.  Life is not 'easy.'  There is MUCH WORK involved.  Every day is a CHOICE to yield, or not, to God's Spirit within me (He is only within me because He saved me, once I saw that I needed:  Him, His forgiveness, a new life only He could give, and was willing to humble myself before Him; realizing I could not get into Heaven, or a relationship with Him, without Jesus Christ...For, He IS my salvation!).  Every day, whether it be Satan or the corrupt body wherein I dwell, are temptations that provoke me to sin.  I have a choice to go after those lusts, or go to my Heavenly Father for deliverance from those temptations.  I have a choice to remember what the Bible says about sin, and how He would want me to live.  I have a CHOICE.
     I am always humbled, amazed, and thrilled when I see Christ living through me.  When His attitude is my attitude, His feelings my feelings, His actions my actions, and so forth, it BLESSES me. When I yield to the desires of my Saviour, my heart is at peace.  I get to enjoy, really enjoy, this life I have.
     So, even though my life may seem 'boring,' it is not.  Living according to Christ's desires is never dull.  To think that living according to Christ's will is worthless, is obviously not seeing its worth!  To find it any other way than precious and priceless is a skewed way of thinking!"


"Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing. Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish. So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself. For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church: For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones. For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh. This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church. Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband."
(Ephesians 5:22-33)


"If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory. Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry: For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience: In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them. But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth. Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds; And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him: Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all. Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering; Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye. And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness. And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him. Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord. Husbands, love your wives, and be not bitter against them. Children, obey your parents in all things: for this is well pleasing unto the Lord. Fathers, provoke not your children to anger, lest they be discouraged. Servants, obey in all things your masters according to the flesh; not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but in singleness of heart, fearing God: And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ. But he that doeth wrong shall receive for the wrong which he hath done: and there is no respect of persons."
(Colossians 3)

"But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you. For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness. Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober. For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night. But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation. For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ, Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him. Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do. And we beseech you, brethren, to know them which labour among you, and are over you in the Lord, and admonish you; And to esteem them very highly in love for their work's sake. And be at peace among yourselves. Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feebleminded, support the weak, be patient toward all men. See that none render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men. Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. Quench not the Spirit. Despise not prophesyings. Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Abstain from all appearance of evil. And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it. Brethren, pray for us. Greet all the brethren with an holy kiss. I charge you by the Lord that this epistle be read unto all the holy brethren. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen. The first epistle to the Thessalonians was written from Athens." 
(1 Thessalonians 5)


Growing Home





Comments

  1. I am so glad to 'meet' you!! These are very encouraging words!! The Lord was so good! Thank you for sharing about yourself and what the Lord is showing you at Deep Roots At Home. I hope you can contribute every week! Excellent post!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

"Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man." Colossians 4:6

Popular Posts