Culinary Somethinorother: Homemade Shrimp Taco Recipe

Mmm...Mondays can be delicious!

     Today I decided to be a culinary somethinorother. Never heard of such a thing? That is okay. It is probably an Ohio thing. :)
     As lunch time came calling today, I decided I wanted to make something really delicious, simple, and use up some leftovers in my refrigerator before they spoiled. I was in a spicy-kind-of-mood today, too, (especially since my sinuses were starting to flare). FYI: I have been told that spicy foods eaten on a regular basis can encourage a cancer-free life. Thoughts, validations, rebuttals, folks?
     So, here is the list of foods I planned on eliminating from a refrigerator death:

*1 lb. cooked baby shrimp meat
*1/2 cup sliced white mushrooms
*6 oz. Philadelphia Regular Cream Cheese
*12 oz. Pico de Gallo w/Lime
*1 cup cooked sticky white rice

Then I added:
*1 pkg. Kroger-brand Fajita seasoning mix
*1 Tbs. minced garlic
*1 Tbs. chopped yellow onion
*1 Tbs. Land O' Lakes Butter
*Soft corn tortillas
*Vegetable oil

Then I did this:

Melt butter over medium heat in large skillet. Once melted, add garlic, mushrooms, onions, and shrimp. Stir for about 5 minutes, then add Pico de Gallo, squeezing lime over food in skillet. Mix in Fajita seasoning and rice, then stir well. (You will have to break apart the rice, but it becomes easier as it warms in the mixture.) Turn heat to low-medium low, stirring consistently so as not to stick to skillet. Add cream cheese, stir well. Lower temperature of skillet to lowest setting, and let simmer/set.
In another skillet, warm on medium heat about a cap-full of vegetable (or olive) oil. Once oil is warm, place one corn tortilla in, let slightly bubble, then flip over to bubble up, then place on prepared plate. (You might have to take paper towels to soak up any excess oil.) Turn heat off skillets, spoon about two tablespoons of shrimp mixture in tortilla, roll up, enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts