Reality Check




     Realizing that I cannot possibly realize all the things, people, etc. that the Lord Jesus Christ protects me from is overwhelming, to say the least.  I am no different from any other person, yet here I am today.  Sometimes it gives me goosebumps, like now.
     I just watched a safe-driving video, and all throughout it I kept thinking to myself, "Thank God I'm saved. Once Jesus returns, there will be no more of this! I wish people would get saved."  Mostly, though, the main thought in my mind was of Christ's return, because sin will be no more.  
     Though I got to witness what can and does happen on the road, Christ sees this all the time, everywhere.  How sad it must be for Him.  What must be even sadder is that many of those folks are probably lost and are entering into Hell.  All in an instant.
     I wonder who I will meet today, who might have the same fate?  Will I be faithful to hand them a Gospel tract, in spite of the jeers, funny looks, or the "No, thank you's?"  Will I be faithful to Christ to share the GREAT news of His eternal salvation to a dying and lost world?
     Will I be willing to give up my pride for His glory?  Am I willing to sacrifice earthly pleasures for eternal gain?  Typically, no.  But, God is able to humble me and help me do those things my flesh hates doing, but that which my souls wants and needs to do!
     I hope that as I go about my day, I will be prepared to share with those the Gospel of my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ; for, He can be their Saviour, too.  I need not be scared, for He is ever with me.  Thank God I am His!



Comments

Popular Posts