The Perfect God



     I have made mistakes in the past.  Most of the time, those mistakes were due to selfish reasons.  Many times I knew better, but chose to do the wrong thing.  Though I have nine-times-out-of-ten blatantly sinned, I am thankful that I have a Saviour that will forgive me ten-times-out-of-ten!  I do not deserve this love, this grace, this mercy, but am ever leaning upon Him.

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." I John 1:9

     I am so thankful that Christ Jesus is not like me, in the fact that He does not hold a grudge.  If someone goes before Him with a repentant and contrite heart, He is able, willing, and wanting to forgive!  He does not stop there, though. He not only forgives, but enables that soul to sin no more!
     I have a gracious, gentle, just, righteous, loving, holy, upright, forgiving, perfect Lord!  Again, I deserve none of what He bestows upon me.  All I can do is share with others, and strive to do right by Him.
     I know that I have had many times in my life when I have been a backslider.  Unfortunately, many folks were hurt and evil-affected, because of my unfaithful witness of Christ in my life.  Many a time people who knew me as a Christian, saw me bring my Saviour's name to shame.
     May I never do that again!  I must be ever vigilant to be faithful to Him; and not this old, vile flesh.  He is allowing me to still be on this earth to give Him glory and praise--and may I do it well from now on!
     I pray that even when I sin, knowingly or unknowingly, that I will repent and glorify Him. When people see my sins, may I be the one abased, cast aside, ostracized; but not Him. I pray I never bring His name to shame again.

Comments

Popular Posts