The Thursday 7 #7



     It has been what feels like too long, since I last sat down to write in my blog.  To be honest, sometimes I just do not know what would be worthwhile to write.  I kind of need to be in the "mood."
     So, now that I am in the "mood," it also happens to be when I typically write out seven things, for which I can give thanks to God.  Coincidence?  I think not.  God always seems to know, *wink-wink*, how to motivate me.
   
So, what are the seven things for which I can thank Him, this week?

  1. That my beloved uncle, is finally HOME.  He passed away, early Sunday morning.  Though I cannot be there today, as they lay his body in the ground, I think of those who will be there.  I am thankful that I could call this man my uncle.  He was quite the example of gentleness and kindness.  
  2. That I can turn to Christ for comfort.  So many things occur in life, that is out of my control.  If I keep communicating to the Lord, and keep trusting Him, I will find that comfort I need.  So often, the devil wants me to live in fear; and, I can be an easy prey.  Yet, when I submit to the Lord, the devil flees.  Oh, what comfort, indeed!
  3. That Christ is teaching me that He is my truest friend.  I know I have said it, numerous times.  I have heard others say it, too.  Yet, when I ponder all He is to me, and what He has done, it is an overwhelming understatement.  I find that "friend" is not strong enough a word, yet a very apt description.  
  4. That God blessed me with a surprise in the mail this week.  The Fed Ex man showed up at my home, and gave me this medium-sized box from "The Republic of Tea."  Now, I enjoy tea, but do not remember ordering from them.  When I opened the package, I soon discovered that someone had decided to bless me with some delightful gifts from this company!  Not only were the items a blessing to me, but the very thought.  It was given to me on a day, too, when the Lord knew that I needed a lift in my spirits.  Indeed, it cheered my heart!  Thank you, sweet sister!
  5. That God is letting me rest, when I need it.  I do not want to take it for granted.  I know I will not always be able to nap when I want/need; so, I enjoy it now.
  6. That God has given me the husband I have.  Not always do I keep that mindset within me; but, God is faithful to right my wrong thinking.  He reminds me that we both are sinners, who have been washed by His Son's precious blood.  He reminds me of all the good I have received, because of Dear.  Do I want to live a life of complaint, or thanksgiving?  It is not easy, to have a good marriage--but, the effort and reliance upon the Lord, is worth it all.
  7. That God is who He says He is.  That He does what He says He will do.  That I get to call Him, "Father."
Alright, now it is your turn!  What are seven things for which you can give God praise?  Share them below! :)

Comments

Popular Posts