Being Frugal With Dear's Money, Part 3

     Sometimes, money has to go everywhere, except the grocery budget...Or, very few of it seems to arrive to that part of our budget.  That is just the way of life, sometimes.  How do I cope?
     Well, I try to always have a few staples in the pantry:  potatoes, onion, garlic, root vegetables, beans...Though they are considered peasant food, they can be good eats!  I always have a "go-to" recipe for what I grew up calling "Soup Beans."  Coupled with cornbread, MMMM!  The bonus:  they are healthy for you!
     Well, I had to figure out recently, what to make with a few items I had on hand, before they went bad.  I had made borsch, last week.  From that recipe, I still had half a head of cabbage in the fridge.  I also had some yukon gold potatoes, that were needing used.  I remembered that one of the YouTube channels, to which I am subscribed, shared a "peasant recipe," using those ingredients.  I made it, and it was so delicious!  Here's the video, for you to try!

Comments

Popular Posts