What God Can Do!

      Eighteen years ago, I seriously doubted that my husband would attend the little Baptist church I had found.  Although we had visited other churches in the area, and attended church (infrequently) back in my home state, he seemed greatly opposed to this one.  Oh, he gave me one excuse after another.  He even got angry when I came home from my first visit there.

     Nevertheless, after a few visits on my own, he finally decided to attend a mid-week meeting with me.  That choice alone was surprising to me:  most folks are more comfortable coming to the main Sunday service.  On our way home from the meeting that night, I was delighted to learn that he wanted to go, again...Quite the turnaround from being angry and obstinate!

     After a month of attending church meetings, as well as private Bible studies with the pastor in our home, something changed.  I still remember that night, vividly.  He had approached the platform to pray, after the preaching ended.  I had never seen him do such a thing in times past.  So, on our way home, I asked him:  "Did you get saved?"  No, he had not...at least, not yet.  He did admit to wanting Christ's help, though.

     So, as he took our dog out for the evening, he looked up in the vast night sky, and called out for the Saviour to SAVE him!  When he returned inside our little apartment, there was a DIFFERENCE.  I was looking at a CHANGED man.  I could see the peace and joy overflowing from his soul!

     From that moment on, my husband has been a man on fire for God.  Having been someone who would mock preachers, to becoming one himself...What a privilege to watch God work in his life!  Today, it is a JOY to celebrate when Christ rescued and transformed my husband!  

My husband's personal testimony


     

Comments

Popular Posts