"Please, Be Still!"

    Sometimes, I wonder if God gets a chuckle out of us. Case in point: my son and I had a discussion about the Bible account of Jesus calming the stormy seas. He found it rather fascinating that all the Lord had to do was say: "Peace, be still." Mark 4:39

     Well, a while back, we were experiencing quite the storm.  My sweet boy comes over to me and holds me, telling me:  "Don't worry, Mama, I've got you.  I won't let the storm hurt you."   Talk about serious heart-melt!  

     However, here is one of the more precious statements I heard him say: "Please, be still," as he held out his hand toward the storm.  Then, looking at me, he said, "Don't worry, Mama.  I'll stop the storm."  Then, turning back towards the window he said,  "Please, be still."  

Comments

Popular Posts