Satisfaction In God's Design

     As I often do as I nurse my newest little blessing, I muse upon the gift of motherhood that God has given me.  It never dulls in my sight.  I constantly am in awe that I get to fulfill this desire of my heart!

     Yet, I cannot help but think of the fact that many women look upon my lot with thoughts of drudgery and woe.  Too many women see being a keeper at home as a prison, rather than a place of freedom.  In our culture, particularly, to have any young girl declare that her ultimate "dream job" would be the very one for which God designed women:  to be wives and mothers...Is nothing more than she not realizing her "full" potential.  To such thinking, I say "hogwash!"

     How could it be considered "lowly" for us women to desire God's specific design for us?  Why is staying at home, to care for our husband and child(ren), looked upon with disgust, or pity?  Why do folks believe that a woman is not excelling in life, if "all she does" is tend to her home life?

     I do believe the root lies with the enemy of God:  Satan.  From the beginning of the creation of man, he has sought to pervert the image of God, destroy all that God loves, and remove any adoration given unto the Most High.  Since the Bible declares in Titus 2:3-5, "The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed," what better way to draw women away from such behavior, than to entice with worldly ambitions?

     By showing us women all that glitters, all that we could have, and all we could be, if we only "applied ourselves..."  Well, it could all (or, quite a bit of it) be ours!  Just as advertisements are designed to whet our appetites, Satan does a good job of tempting us with thoughts of "better things."  We must use discernment, to know when a "good" thing is of God, or of the devil.

     The fact that so many women are not being trained in preparation of marriage and motherhood, but rather secular careers as the chief goal to reach, is not surprising amongst a world with a philosophy totally against the Lord.  However, to see this same philosophy so rampant amongst Christians, is saddening.  So much unnecessary stress, from the confusion and purposeful neglect to the design God has set for the home, is caused.

     I speak from personal experience.  Until I learned and submitted to how God desired me, as a married woman, to conduct myself, there was too much stress and dissatisfaction in my life.  I was going contrary to how He created me to be.  Once I decided to stop seeking vain recognition and success, and simply rested myself in the clear command to be a keeper at home, there was peace in my soul and home.

     Giving of myself to my husband and children may not seem as much in the eyes of many.  Would it change people's opinions if I earned an income for doing so?  Folks praise schoolteachers, yet show disrespect for the parents who take upon themselves the challenge, and delight, of educating their children.  If a woman is the secretary for a CEO, she gains respect.  If she does secretarial duties for her husband, at home, she is nothing more than a yawn. 

     Now, I would like to mention something here:  I know that there are times when a wife is placed into a position wherein she is unable to fulfill this command.  Perhaps her husband is ill/hurt, and unable to provide.  It may be that she is widowed.  Those times are the exception, not the rule.  I know that there are wives who are in the workforce, who long to be home, and are currently unable to do so.  For you, dear sister, I pray that the Lord would work out the situation you are experiencing, that you can once again be at home.

     Some women are simply ignorant to the truth.   They have the innate desire to marry and bear children, not realizing that God has indeed declared those desires to be good and right in His sight!  Instead of being encouraged in and equipped for those God-given desires, they are ushered into the philosophy of this world:  get a career before ever considering marriage and/or children.

     Ladies, there is no shame, none whatsoever, in pursuing God's design for us!  How could our Creator, who designed us to be wives and mothers, be displeased with us wanting to fulfill those desires of being married to a God-fearing man, and raising children with him?  It would be illogical to think that He would be upset with us for going according to His plan.  (Genesis 1:26-28; Psalm 113:9; Matthew 19:4-6; 1 Timothy 5:14; Titus 2:3-5)

     Many people may bring up money as a reason for me needing to work outside the home.  We do seek to be wise with what provision we receive, though we have room for improvements.  My staying at home with the children is one way of doing so.   

     We learn to "make do."  Knowing that I do not need the shiniest, fanciest, "best" things in this life, has brought me contentment with what I do have.  When I choose to turn my eyes from those temptations, I can take better stock of our possessions.  Perhaps we do need to replace something, or acquire it.  When I take those requests before God, I can guarantee He will meet our needs.  It may be that He shows us how to fix what we have, or get it secondhand.  Sometimes a gift arrives from someone, that meets a need they never even knew we had...But, God did.  There are those times that Dear gets more hours at work, which in turn provides the extra funds for that need.  However He does it, I have never seen God fail at providing for us.

     Ladies, I say all these things for this purpose:  it is good, and right, to have a heart for God's will for our lives, and live accordingly.  We need not apologize for it, or seek the world's approval of it.   Quite honestly, the world will never give it; for, the woman who finds satisfaction in the design God has set, is at odds with them.  They are unable to submit unto God, whereas we find delight in submitting unto Him.  Quite opposites. 

     Remember when you are tempted, dear lady, to leave your home in pursuit of vain treasures and goals:  there is no greater goal than pursuing God and His ways, and no greater treasure than Christ Himself.  When we set our hearts upon Him, we will once again have hearts yearning to please Him, John 14:15.  We shall quickly see the great riches of our homes, and the magnificent goals of making them a place where He is loved and honored.  We shall be satisfied in Him.

   

  

Comments

Popular Posts