Twelve Years Ago...

...These words made a profound, life-changing impact upon my husband:

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.  For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."
Matthew 11:28-30

     Those words moved my husband to go unto Jesus Christ, to receive that rest of which He spake.   That very night he was born again!  I love this particular "birthday," as it carries so much more significance than his first one.  Immediately, there was such a transformation!  I could see the peace and joy filling him.  There was absolutely no denying that a life-altering event had just occurred; and, life as we knew it would never be the same.

     My blessed husband:  what a gift he is to me!  As the years progress, our relationship deepens and strengthens--all to God's praise!  Knowing that for the gift of salvation our lives are what they are, I am eternally grateful.

     I am not ignorant of the fact that I am in a special position.  I married a lost man, whilst I was behaving myself poorly as a saved woman.  Our marriage could look much different, but for the power of the Holy Ghost. 

     I have known women who went to their graves, praying for the lost souls of their husbands.  I know wives today, who are at constant odds with their husbands, because they are in a divided home.  These scenarios could have been my lot...

     ...But, for the grace of Christ that redeemed my darling!  Oh, that night will ever be vivid in my mind; just as vivid as the night I was born again!  To be present for such a glorious event; to be the blessed wife of a redeemed man:  oh, say, but I'm glad, I'm glad!

     These past twelve years have been a privilege to walk with my husband, as we grow in Christ together.  To be led by him in the word of God, by the word of God, with a heart that loves the God of that word...What a sweet, sweet gift it is to me!  I cannot help but to glory in the gift God has given me in my man!

     I could share so many stories from the years of learning and growing.  The journeys and experiences I have had, with a man zealous for Christ...A visionary, kingly, with a servant's-heart man...Yes, many interesting stories can be told.

     I would not trade any of them, though...Even the difficult, challenging ones.   All have taught us a greater reliance upon our Lord, and a deeper appreciation for Him.  All of them have drawn us closer together.

     As we now journey into parenthood, I am looking forward to watching him lead our children.  I know that he loves Christ, and that will be evident to our children.   That love makes him the amazing father he already is.   What a gift they have in him, too!

     Twelve years ago, a new man was created.  Though there are traces of the old man he once was, that new man shines forth.  A man who once only cared for earthly things, became a man who desires to keep his eyes on heavenly matters.  A man who once mocked a preacher's son, now is the one mocked for preaching God's word.  A man who once struggled with finding meaning for his life, now has peace and joy knowing his God and his purpose.

      Praise God for this very special day!  Praise God for the fact that my husband's name is written down in glory, and that we shall be blessed to spend eternity together!  God is worthy to be praised!


Comments

Popular Posts