2017: A Year In Review

     Chalk it up to all the hormonal influences in my life these days, but, I cannot help but constantly muse upon the blessings of motherhood.  As I observe our son, I am in awe that God gave him to us.  He is a constant reminder of a long-awaited answer to prayer.
   
     Now, here we are, with another blessing on the way!  Again, I am awed that God would see fit to bless us with her.  I know my shortcomings, my failures, my sins.  I know that there is so much room for improvement.  However, we are still the recipients of some of life's greatest treasures:  children.


     I know I have probably mentioned it previously, yet, it bears repeating:  having had to wait for so many years for our children, has given us a much greater appreciation for them.  We see value in them that we, most likely, would have neglected to see, had they come much earlier in our lives.  We have, gratefully, matured in areas of our lives that desperately needed it.

     However, I know that I would be foolish if I were to rest my confidence in ourselves, rather than our Lord who strengthens and enables us for the tasks at hand!  I am so grateful that He is ever-present in our lives.   I cannot think of any moment wherein I would not need Him!

     That recognition has been a constant in our lives this year.   As we continue seeking His specific will for our lives, we find ourselves holding ever closer to Him.  Just as a child holds onto their mother's skirt for reassurance, I find myself doing the same with my Lord.  Continuing our "wilderness experience," as we have come to title our nearly half a decade worth of experiences, can do that to a person.

     If anything that would be considered my "take away" for 2017, it would be my utter dependency on the Lord.  It seems that that notion is a rather frequent one, too!  I am grateful that He is dependable, and wants me to rely upon Him.  

     I pray that any who read this post, will find the upcoming year one full of a closer walk with Christ.  May it also be full of many reasons to praise God!  Here is to happily anticipating a new year, full of new mercies, with our Lord and Saviour!
    

Comments

Post a Comment

"Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man." Colossians 4:6

Popular Posts