Character

     I am currently listening to a message by S. M. Davis on character.  I have been wanting to listen to it, yet at the same time not listen to it, because I know it is an area in my life with which I greatly struggle.  As usual, God prevailed and I put it in the dvd player. :)
     I am glad for the sound reminder from God to be a person of character.  I have not always exhibited the best character traits, and for that I will always have regrets. However, because God has put me back on the path with Him, He is determined not to let me go off and be someone who is lacking in them.  Thank You, Lord Jesus!
     I realize that it does take time to cultivate character, but I so want it!  I want to exude the character Christ wants me to have.   However, that means I have to have His Word in me!
     So, after hearing testimonies from my pastor regarding his wife, I am following suit.  She puts up Scripture verses throughout her house, in conspicuous places, for constant reminders of Christ.  I am going to do the same:  find some verses, put them all over (tactfully, no pun intended), and keep God's Word in my heart!
 With that in mind, I end with this Scripture passage that God always reminds me of:

Philippians 2:1-16

1If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies,

2Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.

3Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.

4Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.

5Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

6Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

7But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

8And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

9Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

10That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

11And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

12Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

13For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

14Do all things without murmurings and disputings:

15That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;

16Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.

Comments

Popular Posts