Exciting Thoughts!

     As all the hubbub of Christmas comes to a climax soon, I have been reminded of a very important fact: Christ is no longer the babe in a manger!  During my devotions as of late, and with the previous Sunday evening sermon by my husband, Christ reminds me of His glorious estate in Heaven...Right at this very moment!  Is not that fact exciting!  It is to me! :)
     Do not get me wrong, I do very much like to remember Christ's birth.  Yet, more and more I find that I focus more on where He is now, rather than where He was.  I am thankful that He was born physically, in the little town of Bethlehem-Ephratah, by the virgin Mary, of a lowly estate, with all the angels and shepherds praising Him.
     I am thankful that He obeyed His heavenly Father while on earth, by being obedient to Mary and Joseph, performing the miracles that proved He is the Christ and caused many to believe on Him, and by dying on the cross for my sins and that of the whole world.  I am most thankful, though, that He rose again and is now seated at the right hand of the Father, where He intercedes on my behalf!  Wow, what a thought!
     It brings chills of excitement all through my being to realize that Christ is right here with me, right here, right now.  He is also in Heaven with God the Father, right at this very moment.  I get excited over the description of His heavenly glory, and the heavenly praises He receives.  Oh, how unworthy am I to be His, yet so thankful!
Here is Revelation 7:9-17, very exciting!

"9After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

10And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.

11And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God,

12Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen.

13And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?

14And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

15Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.

16They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat.

17For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes."

Does not that account thrill your soul?

Comments

Popular Posts