Unbreakable Family

     While I mope around feeling sorry for myself, life goes on.  I should not be coveting that which is not mine, whether temporal or not.  God wants me to be content with what He has given me: "Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee."~Hebrews 13:5.  Yet, I find myself not being so.
     It breaks my heart that I am so unthankful toward the God who saved my soul, yet it is the truth.  My biggest coveting problem is desiring love.  I seek it everywhere, and try to give it out everywhere.  The only problem is that I am not seeking the source of love, God, as I should.
     He is my first love, for though I love my family and friends, they could not ever do for me what Christ has done for me. He saved my soul, at such a tender age of twelve years old; knowing what I did, what I would do, what I am doing, and what I will do.  He allowed me adoption into His family once I put faith in Him, repented of my sins, and sought His forgiveness.  Why would not I want to love a God that desires my soul so?
     When I need family, He is my family. "For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father."~Romans 8:15.  He is the only one who has always been there for me, never leaving me or forsaking me.  When I rebelled against Him, quenched His spirit in my life, openly sinned against Him, He never left me.  He was always with me; I would just ignore Him.  How horrible is that?
     Yet, because He saved my soul and I was born into the family of God, He was bound by His promise to me.  Nothing could separate me from Him, and still nothing can separate me from him.  Of all the people I have sinned against and hurt, He is the one I have hurt the most; and, He still is willing to fellowship with me and love me. In fact, He has given me a home with Him in Heaven. Such love. 

"For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
Romans 8:38, 39

     I am the daughter of God. I did not earn this title by working into it, or being faithful to God's law.  I did not become His daughter by simply being born into a Christian family, or simply being a creature of creation.  I became His daughter by being born again through the blood of His precious Son Jesus Christ, who is also my Lord and Best Friend.

"For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus."
Galatians 3:26 

"But now in Christ Jesus ye who were sometimes far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ."
Ephesians 2:13


     I am thankful, so very thankful, for the precious Word of God.  Since He put me in a church again, He has taught and is still teaching me how sure the Bible is.  I can always trust Him.  I never need to doubt the sincerity and truth of His Word.   It is more sure than anything else. I know that He is my family, and I am overwhelmed by the thought!  God is my Father; Christ my Brother, Best friend, Saviour, and King; the Holy Spirit my Comforter and Guide:  I do not deserve these blessings, but am becoming ever more thankful for them in my life.  I cannot wait to see them in Heaven.  I belong to them and them to me.


Comments

Popular Posts