Patience & Power in the LORD

     Today as I was doing my devotional readings, God gently spoke to me.  I have started to notice, (yes, some very obvious things take much longer for me to observe), that God can be very blunt, very subtle, gentle, obvious, etc--in other words, He can speak to you however He sees fit, but it is usually how it will get across to you the best.  Whichever method He uses, it will always be profound, and it will always get His point across.
     As I have been dealing with some spiritual battles of late, (of my own doing), God has abeen dealing with me.  He never lets me go, for He is a good God, Father, Lord, Master, Saviour, Friend....He loves me too much.  I never exactly know how God will speak to me through the Bible as I read, and when I ask Him to reveal Himself to me and what He wants me to learn, I never know quite what to expect.  Sometimes I think I am going to get a real whopper of a spankin'; and, sometimes, I do.  Other times, I just am clueless, and get wonderfully surprised at His power.  Today, I was definitely amazed by my Master...again.
     Sometimes the directness of our Lord Jesus Christ to the problems at hand, are eerily right on the nose.  I mean, the Precious Lord and Saviour of my life puts His finger right on the dot, without error, without being even a millimeter off point, of the issue. WOW!  I know I should not be surprised, but it sends chills up and down my spine.  There are times I feel like maybe there are more important things going on for Him, and my issues are waiting in line.  He points out to me, most definitely, that He is aware; and, I do not know whether to cry, shout for joy, or run...I just do not know.  I mean, this is the CREATOR, SAVIOUR, and GOD--What would you do when He shows you He has a specific interest in you?
     Today, he shared with me His wisdom, and if I am smart, I will heed it.  "That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God....Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD."--I Corinthians 2:5; Psalm 27:14.  When you are paying attention and listening to God, you will hear Him and see His love for you.  I am thankful He gave to me today a listening and attentive heart.  Otherwise, I probably would have missed these precious words of love.
     I find myself all too often taking heed to man's words of wisdom.  I might get caught up in what a person is saying:  whether they are preaching, teaching, or offering advice/opinion.  I will say to myself:  "Well, they must know what they're talking about, for God's using them." 
     Most certainly He uses His children, but I should not be taking their views or words as the Gospel.  I need to take the Gospel as the Gospel.   My faith needs the rest solely on the cross, God's power, not man or man's wisdom.
     I also need to be patient as God builds my faith.  It is not going to be this colossal mountain of faith; though, if it is in His will, it could be.  I need to be patient as God works within me.  He will strengthen my faith and my heart, but He is taking His time with me:  so that I do not overload and explode.  I know He knows me better than myself, and many times what I think I need right now, is not what I need right now. Rather, I receive bit-by-bit that which I need, so that I will be steady throughout this journey. I also need to stay in His Word and prayer to keep receiving that bit-by-bit that I need.
     I am glad that our God is a personal, caring, loving, and gentle Lord.  He knows how much we can bear, and does not overwhelm us to the point of not being able to endure.  Just contemplating Him for a minute makes my spirit well up inside of me.  Thank You, my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, the King.  Thank You for loving me and setting me free.

Comments

Popular Posts