Eternal Security

     Early in my Christian life, I was not well-educated in God's word.  Thus, I was a rather immature Christian.  When I found myself, once again, getting back up from a fall in my walk with the Lord, one of the immediate battles I faced was that of my relationship with Christ.  "How can I really be a Christian, and have done all these things to Him?"  "Am I really born again?"  "No true Christian would sin like I have..."

     I was easy prey.  I was an immature, weak believer.  I was born again, but very ignorant and not walking in the Spirit as I ought to have been.  So, those fiery darts easily penetrated my mind.  It took much time in prayer, study of God's word, memorizing of His word, and most of all, keeping my confidence in His word above anything/anyone else, to quench those darts!

     I share a bit about this truly humbling experience, because I have not heard it talked about much, publicly.  However, I have heard it brought up by those, privately, when they realize that they are not alone in this battle.  We need not suffer silently, for, it is when we are alone that we are vulnerable.  Being able to go to a trustworthy person with our struggles will allow them to pray with and for us, as well as point us to the Lord and His word to strengthen us in our weaknesses.

     I have collected some verses that have strengthened me when I was faltering.  These verses are but a few that remind us of our sure foundation in Christ.  Going back over them tonight reignited gratitude and love for my Saviour!


      "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life...He that believeth on him is not condemned:  but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."

John 3:16, 18


"Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep...I am the door:  by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture...I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine...My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:  And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.  My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.  I and my Father are one."

John 10:7, 9, 14, 27-30


"For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.  For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the man which doeth those things shall live by them.  But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above:)  Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)  But what saith it?  The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart:  that is, the word of faith, which we preach; That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.  For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.  For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.  For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek:  for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.  For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."

Romans 10:4-13


"Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law:  for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified."

Galatians 2:16


"This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?  Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?..But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident:  for, The just shall live by faith...That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith...But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe."

Galatians 3:2-3, 11, 14, 22


"Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all...And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.  Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ."

Galatians 4:1, 6-7


"Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage...Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.  For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith."

Galatians 5:1, 4-5


"But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world."

Galatians 6:14


"In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation:  in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory."

Ephesians 1:13-14


"By so much was Jesus made a surety of a better testament...But this man, because he continueth ever, hath an unchangeable priesthood.  Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them."

Hebrews 7:22, 24-25


"On Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand!"




Comments

Popular Posts