Molding Into A Lady

      This past year, and the one before it, have been quite full.  With the addition of two more precious children right at the beginning of last year's pandemic, the loss of my mother-in-law and a great aunt, a serious hurricane (with loss of power for one week--not exactly the best timing during a very hot and humid summer, with four little ones), moving into our first purchased home, as well as all other sorts of things that occur throughout a year, writing has been on the back burner for me.  Yet, with a new year on the horizon, and a smidge more of freedom as the children become a bit more independent, I am once again able to take some time to let my creative juices flow.

     Even though I have not had the opportunity to sit and process my thoughts via writing, that has not hindered ideas from flowing.  One of the predominant ones that persists is that of the very title of my blog:  "Molding Into A Lady."  Throughout this year, particularly, I have been pondering all that "Molding Into A Lady" means to me and this blog.  Here are some of those thoughts...

     Regardless of whether you look within or without the church, women can be found that present themselves very unbecomingly, as a way of life.  I, myself, have struggled with not being very ladylike.  I distinctly remember, after my husband became a Christian, that I did not want to continue behaving in such a manner anymore.  I desired to learn all that the Bible taught in what it meant to God for me to be a woman that pleased Him.

     Part of that search showed me that a woman who was seeking God's heart was one of distinction.  She was set apart from women of the world.  It was not just a list of rules that she checked off, one by one, to insure she was "in line" with scripture; but rather, a matter of the heart.  She was "molding into a lady..." Not one according to the world's perception, but God's description.

     What is a lady?  It helps to have a general definition:  "A woman of distinction...The female who presides or has authority over manor or a family."--Webster's Dictionary.  In the Bible, we see instruction to Christian women to take care of their families.  1 Timothy 5:14 states:  "...I will therefore that the younger women marry, bear children, guide the house, give none occasion to the adversary to speak reproachfully."  

     As I continued my study in biblical womanhood, I desired to learn what that role entailed.  What were the nuts and bolts of guiding a house?  Certainly it was more than just daily chores.  I instinctively and observationally knew that women had great control on the atmosphere of their home, simply by their moods and general attitude.  I wanted, and still do, to do all I could to make our home a loving haven of rest for my family.

     A large part of that education has been developing into a lady.  I do not necessarily mean the kind that generally come to mind (thanks to certain dramas, literature, and cultures); but, there is something that can be learned from them.  When you think of those types of ladies, I am nearly certain that a brazen, brash, and intemperate woman is not what comes to mind.  Is she silly?  Foolish?  Seductive?  Lazy?  What kind of woman do you see in your mind's eye, when you think of a lady?

     Now, take that image, and compare her to scripture.  What comes to mind?  When you think of a lady in light of God's word, what do you see?  Are there any real life examples?  

     As far as life in the United States, I can say I have found it challenging to find a plethora of women who are seeking to modify their lives by the light of scripture.  They are out there.  They just are not as "loud" as the others.  

     Once I started seeing some real growth in my life as a believer, one of the strongest desires I had was to no longer be a "loud" woman.  I wanted to be what is described in 1 Peter 3:4, "But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price."  When I read that God saw this type of spirit within a woman as something of "great price," it moved my heart so palpably that I have not been the same since.

     I have such a long way to go before I arrive to that desired goal.  Along the way, I have been distracted, downtrodden, dismayed, and defeated.  I have made many errors, but I have been witness to God's glorious victories in my life as I "mold into a lady..."  

     When I first started this blog, I had no concrete vision for it.  I wanted only to write, as it is one of my great creative passions.  Then, as I continued, I desired to have a purpose beyond writing to just write. I began sharing what I was learning along my journey with Christ, in hopes that other women would be encouraged, uplifted, and challenged in living for Him.  Thus, "Molding Into A Lady" really began to take shape.

     In this upcoming new year, if the Lord is so pleased, I would like (as much as time allows) to once again write to encourage, uplift, and challenge anyone who reads my little spot here.  There are so many voices out there, that are all quite contrary to clearly established scripture for Christian women.  With so much darkness, confusion, and harshness around us, I pray that you may find a warm, loving, and biblical haven here.



Comments

Popular Posts