Training, Recommendations, and Blessedness

     God has been so good to me!  For part of my Christmas gift from my husband, he gave me the Ladies' Series and The Permanence of Marriage from Dr. S. M. Davis.  I absolutely love them!  We have just about finished them all, and they have really been a blessing.
     Watching these sermons bless my spirit, but convict my soul.  I see all the areas that I have yet to grow in, my sins, etc.  I also see things that God has accomplished in me, that no one (me most of all) would have thought possible, knowing who I am.
     I would highly recommend these dvds to all ladies, married or not.  Those that are married and want to know how to have a blessed marriage, the Ladies' Series are for you.  Those that have never been married and want to prepare to be a godly wife, these dvds are for you.  Those who are Christian married women seeking to grow as a wife and mother, these dvds are for you.  Any lady should take advantage of the knowledge from God's Word in these sermons.
     I feel like I am trying to regain lost ground by watching these sermons, reading books, and especially applying God's Holy Word to my life.  Though saved as a young girl, I was not well-grounded in my faith, until a few years ago.  None of the churches I attended properly taught how to be a godly help meet or mother.
     Even with all this teaching, preaching, and so on, I still struggle in my daily life.  I seem to always be making poor choices.  For example:  I will ask God to remove from my life that which need not be there, whether it is a bad attitude, wrong entertainment, etc.  However, I neglect filling that void with godliness, so there is a vacuum effect.  Not good.
     Yet, my God is a gracious and merciful Saviour.  He has not wiped me out of the face of this earth, no matter how many times I have deserved it.  Finally, my dense mind has figured out this simple fact:  fill in the void with godliness.  So, here we are, watching edifying preaching/teaching; reading edifying books; spending time together in wholesome activities.  There are other areas in my life that have yet to be put under submission, but praise God He is getting them there!
     My husband and I are both of the same mind to eventually buy all the dvds from Dr. S. M. Davis' website.  We could watch these over and over again, (so much better than whatever junk Hollywood or "Christian" movies there are).  We also want to eventually buy all of David Cloud's dvds.
     Dear recently allowed me to get a subscription to "Keepers At Home" (The link goes to an unofficial website for the magazine, but gives a general idea of what it's about.), a quarterly magazine that seeks to aid women in the blessed callings of help meet and motherhood.  I am definitely looking forward for it in the mail, which should be here in a couple weeks!
     Another good magazine for us has been "O Timothy," put out by David Cloud.  He puts in articles for edification in the Christian faith, as well as news from the Christian perspective.  It has very much been a blessing in our lives!
     A book I have loved reading over and over again, has been Debi Pearl's book "Created To Be His Help Meet."  It is found at their website No Greater Joy.  That book has greatly enriched my knowledge of my godly calling as Dear's wife.
     Slowly, but blessedly surely, God has been filling my life with those things that will help me be the daughter I need to be for Him and wife I need to be for Dear.  He keeps reminding me of the (sorry for the repetition, but no other word does it justice) blessedness of this position.  I never realized how awesome it would be to be an help meet!
     Being an help meet to Dear allows me to glorify God and glorify my husband.  It allows me to testify of God's goodness in my life.  First and foremost, my salvation, without which none of this would be possible.  There would be absolutely no way I would have submitted myself to God, much less a man, had it not been for Christ saving my soul.
     Secondly, seeing my marriage the way it is now is very humbling.  We did not come into this covenant with the gravity and godliness it needed.  Yet, God caused me to repent and my husband to get saved, and He has turned this thing around!  Now we are able to be profitable for God in ways we never expected!
     I am truly grateful to God for giving me fulfillment in my life.  Being a help meet allows me to please my Saviour.  By being a wife according to the Bible, from the heart, pleases God.  It allows my husband to glorify God:  Dear is able to focus on his relationship with Christ much better with a submissive, meek, chaste wife; Dear is able to be a better witness for Christ when I am obedient to him (so long as it causes me not to sin against Christ); Dear is much more confident in Christ when his wife is following Christ herself.
     There are many other things that I could babble on about regarding these things.  Suffice it to say I am realizing more and more the blessedness of this high calling of being God's daughter and Dear's help meet.  I can find no other joy in life outside of God's will.
     I will say it again, I can find no other joy in life outside of God's will.  God's will in my life is to be the godly woman He lays out for me to pattern in His Word.  Of course I have many other areas that need chiseling away at, and He is working on those areas.  I have weight to lose, mindsets to be adjusted, emotions to get in check, wills to be subjected to Christ's will, and on, and on, and on it goes.  Yet, they all center around my relationship to God and my husband.

"Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ. Now I praise you, brethren, that ye remember me in all things, and keep the ordinances, as I delivered them to you. But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God...For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man. For the man is not of the woman: but the woman of the man. Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man. For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels. Nevertheless neither is the man without the woman, neither the woman without the man, in the Lord. For as the woman is of the man, even so is the man also by the woman; but all things of God."
I Corinthians 11:1-3, 7-12

Comments

Popular Posts