Giving Of Thanks: DAY 18

     Tonight, I'm grateful for my Bible.  I've been blessed to have many copies. I have easy access to it.

     Some people don't have it so easy as I do.  Some are still waiting for their copy. Those who do finally receive it, treat it with much more love than I!

     Do you know of what I speak?  Have you seen the video, where Asian Christians, receiving their very own Bibles for the first time, kiss their copies? Yeah, that's what I'm talking about.

     Have you seen the documentaries, or heard of the various accounts, regarding the English Bible?  Did you hear of those who died, so we could have it in our native tongue?  Did you know of the amount one was willing to pay, just to have one hour with it?

     Oh, how often I take His word for granted.  I don't devote nearly enough time to study, meditation, and memorization of that living book.  I know I've not appreciated its presence in my life, as I ought.

     I pray I'll do better.  After all, the greatest comfort I've ever found, is in Christ.  And, where did I first learn of Him? In the B-I-B-L-E.
    

Comments

Popular Posts