Tomorrow's Yesterday

     I see where God has allowed certain experiences in my life, so as to prepare me for what is my life today.  Had I not learned those lessons tucked inside those hardships, would I be prepared for His work for me, today?  I think not.
     If I stroll down memory lane, many scenes come to mind.  Some do not.  Those that are hidden in the recesses of my mind, do indeed frustrate me.  Perhaps God will bring them to light one day... An apt day.
     The ones I recall, are a mixture.  Some are happy.  Some are sad.  Some are bittersweet.  Some, I never want to recall.  Some, I yearn to keep at the forefront!
     All of them, though, are for my preparation.  They have been providentially allowed, that through them I please and glorify my Father.  I do, with every ounce of my being, so desire to do.
     Had certain things not occurred, would I be ready to do what He wants from me to do?  Would my soul yearn for only His perfect will for our lives (mine and that of Dear)?  Or, would I be seeking that which only suffices for this temporal plane?
     Had certain things occurred, I may have missed many opportunities!  I would have missed great lessons.  God indeed knows best.
     Certainly, things could have been different had I obeyed God, rather than disobey... And, vice versa.  Yet, I firmly believe that God is no dummy, and knew what my behavior would be.  I am sure He knew how to discipline me, and still knows how to do so.
     I can look to my past, and say, "Thank You, LordThank You, for guiding me to where I am, todayThank You, for where You have us goingThank You, for saving a wretch like me. For giving us this marvelous life, in spite of how we treat You.   Thank You that we belong to You, because of Your dear, precious, perfect Son:  our blessed Saviour and Friend, Jesus ChristThank You for Your perfect Bible, whereby we learn of You and Your precious heartThank You, for giving us Your Holy Spirit, Who guides us and comforts usThank You."
     Today is good, because Jesus is here.   Tomorrow looks bright, because the Son is in it.  Today is tomorrow's yesterday, and I desire to redeem it.

Comments

  1. Dropping by,How are things?
    I am trying to change my blog up a bit, it seems when I started posting more Biblical things that I lost A LOT of followers :/ So I am not only doing Biblical, but more frugal tips,more recipes,and back to more educational links.
    I do not feel i am getting to anyone with my blog any more, and just thinking about cutting it all off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for dropping by! I'll be over, in a minute, to chat. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

"Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man." Colossians 4:6

Popular Posts